Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-28-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Man, My Last 182,000 Hands have really Sucked.

[ QUOTE ]
How many tables are you playing though?? Have you tried cutting down a little bit for some of your sessions just to focus on more details?

[/ QUOTE ]

8, and unfortunately it's very necessary to do so at the moment. I took a very long hiatus after my son was born in August, and unfortunately the bankroll depletion and subsequent sucking have made playing for "extra" very important (hopefully it comes through this month).

Also, quarterly estimated taxes are due on the 17th of January... I may have to ask for an extension (if allowed).

My God life sucks right now.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:24 PM

How many hands have you played at 3/6?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many tables are you playing though?? Have you tried cutting down a little bit for some of your sessions just to focus on more details?

[/ QUOTE ]

8, and unfortunately it's very necessary to do so at the moment. I took a very long hiatus after my son was born in August, and unfortunately the bankroll depletion and subsequent sucking have made playing for "extra" very important (hopefully it comes through this month).

Also, quarterly estimated taxes are due on the 17th of January... I may have to ask for an extension (if allowed).

My God life sucks right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're quite obviously a solid player, things will turn around soon. What was your win rate before?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:31 PM

If you could lose less in the BB you'd be up a ton. Shorthanded play helps with this.

(.16) should be reasonable to achieve.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It could be worse, you could be just about dead nuts even like I am, actually slightly losing over my last 120K. Maybe in another 60K I can crank out a +700BBs and be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

Pokerbob, Microbob, you... me.

Seriously, wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

i had tolbiny sweat me a few times around when the graph below started. coincidence?

Old 12-28-2005, 08:46 PM

I am realizing that I don't play anywhere near the amount of hands needed to improve to the level I desire. Hey x2ski, how long did it take you to play that many hands?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many hands have you played at 3/6?

[/ QUOTE ]

500,000+
Old 12-29-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're quite obviously a solid player, things will turn around soon. What was your win rate before?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little over 1BB/100 for 350,000+ hands, so I don't think I'm very solid at all.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you could lose less in the BB you'd be up a ton. Shorthanded play helps with this.

(.16) should be reasonable to achieve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I worked out that if instead of (.28) I was at (.20), I would have roughly an extra $10k in my pocket right now during this hand sample.

I've read Abdul, I've read Pohl, I've read all the 2+2 books, I've read The CardsSpeak blog regarding blind defense, along with various other random 2+2 posts (reading this one as I write this) and Google searches.

Does anyone have suggestions on definite solid reading regarding this stuff? All that I've read so far is certainly useful information, but I'm pretty risk-averse, and can't really envision positive results given the fact that when I currently "defend" I rarely hit the flop at all, not even bottom pair, and when I do I'm getting wicked play-back against me.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, although I'm thinking the post I linked to above has some pretty convincing stuff so far.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am realizing that I don't play anywhere near the amount of hands needed to improve to the level I desire. Hey x2ski, how long did it take you to play that many hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I average 3,000-6,000 a session (6-12 hrs). I try to get in 50,000+ hands a month, but if I actually applied myself and worked 40 hours a week (hell, 30 hours a week) like a friggin' adult, I'd get in way more.