Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Is alcohol the answer? If so, straighten me out OOT

I have gotten involved with four seperate chicks since college started and failed to get to third base with any of them. None of them really were into drinking, and had brains. Yeah, I followed Dominic's advice. The last girl was guaranteed to go far were it not for another guy across the country. But alas...

So, the main point of the post: None of them drank. I don't drink.

Why is this?

Sophomore year of highschool before I even touched alcohol I was involved in a heavy concussion playing football with friends that left me conscious but "not there" for 6 hours. Easily the scariest couple of days in my life, waking up and having amnesia, remembering crap over again, losing all four front teeth, nast nasty situation.

I can't get past this episode whenever I get close to alcohol. I just have a fear of not being in control of my senses, so I've never gotten close to drinking too much.

The main trend among the girls I was unsuccessful with is the lack of partying and drinking. I'm gonna be a changed man, dammit, with early New Year's resolutions.

What I am asking of OOT is the following:
-How vital is alcohol for the women? Any books on good liquors and alcohols to "learn into"? Remember I'm a newbie. Give details. Educate me where you can so I don't do something stupid like you did

-How can I get over this stupid ass fear of blacking out or passing out? I really think I'm missing out on a good time and I'll be goddammed if I have to wait any longer before getting some college tail.

CN
Old 11-15-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Is alcohol the answer? If so, straighten me out OOT

Alcohol is great fun in moderation.

Is it vital for getting with chicks? Absolutely not. Does it help? Absolutely.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:16 AM

i seriously hope you are joking
Old 11-15-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-How can I get over this stupid ass fear of blacking out or passing out? I really think I'm missing out on a good time and I'll be goddammed if I have to wait any longer before getting some college tail.

[/ QUOTE ]

By not drinking 3240978234 drinks your first time?

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with not drinking if you don't want to. And just drinking isn't going to help you when, no offense, it sounds like you're trying too hard. But as for fear of losing control/blacking out, just take it easy. Feel out your tolerance, keep it to 6-7 drinks over the first night, slow down when you start feeling buzzed, etc. Don't tell people you're with that it's your first time drinking a little heavier, so you don't have to worry about stupid peer pressure to start doing insane amounts of shots.

Just chill out, do your thing, and drink a few. Then a few more.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:18 AM

Hit on girls who smoke. Remember, "if she smokes, she pokes."

Furthermore, having two drinks at a frat party isn't going to make you black out. You don't have to do keg stands every time you drink, just ease into it.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:18 AM

just start buying a 6-pack or so when you go to parties. see how that treats you. it won't get you anywhere close to blacking/passing out.

as for getting with chics, it is definitely a catalyst.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:20 AM

Alcohol gives girls an excuse for doing what they really want to do anyway. Which is have sex a lot more than you might think it is. Sometimes even with you specifically. Or at least you'll do for the evening. It provides deniability on a level deeper than the lack of inhibition alcohol gets you. This is vital to the psychological comfort of a lot of girls, who aren't as comfortable yet with the idea of expressing their sexuality yet as their hormones are. They're just as horny as you, but sometimes those inhibitions roadblock them, especially if they're around their friends, where they can become very subconscious -- and status conscious, if only to please their friends. Who would often be just as happy if she didn't get laid at all, if they're not getting some.

Booze is a handy excuse for girls to do what they want to do. Don't stand in their way. Provide it, but with caution. You don't need her barfing on you.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:23 AM

In college alcohol really helps with getting chicks (at least the kinds that will [censored] without tons of effort on your part). After college the bars are a good place to pick up chicks, so again, alcohol is generally present. Getting to know your tolerance is +EV, generally girls don't like guys that are falling over drunk. (although I have pulled some of the best game of my life on 3 separate blackouts, not sure if it was worth it in any of the cases though)
Old 11-15-2005, 04:26 AM

For your part, start drinking slowly, if you want to try drinking. When you're not used to booze, even a couple of drinks can get you pretty darned buzzed. That's fine, maybe a little embarassing, but who cares. Take your time with one or two drinks, and just see how you feel when buzzed, what you can handle. Stay away from your car for a while. Don't do those fool drinking games or contests if you can possibly avoid it. That's some serious business that's usually pretty stupid and unhealthy.

Eat something solid first, if you're going to booze much. Something that will stick in there for a while, like meat or cheese. Greasy heavy stuff works great. And if you get feeling really lazy or nauseous the next day, eat like a pig and crap it all out.

Also, drink water between drinks if you want to be able to drink a lot for a long time without getting sick. Alcohol dehydrates you, and that's a big part of the reason people get sick. The water will also help you pee out some of the toxins and alcohol. Don't drink soda or juice instead of water, if you can avoid it; they can actually make you even more thirsty or strain your liver. Water is by far the best.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:28 AM

Have you had much success getting head/sex before college?

If these were more than one night hooking up with any of these chicks, then i would guess that your problem with not advancing bases is that you're not performing well on the previous ones. So maybe rethink what you did/how you did it.