Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: QQ vs. BPAT (Best Player at Table)

In general when players minraise in NL I assume they suck. You dont tell us why you think your opponent is good so we don't know his tendencies. I havent read the replies to see if im alone here but I think the minraise screams AA or KK more often than not. For this reason I am mucking preflop or on flop if I care about my image.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In general when players minraise in NL I assume they suck. You dont tell us why you think your opponent is good so we don't know his tendencies. I havent read the replies to see if im alone here but I think the minraise screams AA or KK more often than not. For this reason I am mucking preflop or on flop if I care about my image.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think folding the flop is bad, but preflop? mucking preflop would be criminal.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:22 PM

why would you want your image to be weak/nitty? And it wasn't a min-raise. But it was a small raise, I agree. But a lot of good players will make that raise to build momentum (i.e. steal on the flop) and you will be playing right into their hands if you make their flop steals very effective just because of their cheap tactic preflop.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:05 PM

Sorry it took so long to reply.

Unless the player often does small pre-flop reraising, my experience has been that such a play is usually indicitave of AA or KK. Although the player is described as good we dont know how or why hero thinks so. Obviously if other players pick see you making it 60 and folding for 60 more they will be more tricky to play against which is why I would probably call the reraise and fold the flop. I know you guys think Im crazy but its just my opinion.