Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Two tough hands - 2/5NL Live

8 handed, very loose table. Hero has a relatively tight image. Villain is known to be crazy aggro when provoked. In Hand 1, Villain has around 500 and Hero covers. In Hand 2, everyone has around 500.

Hand 1: Hero is Button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folded to Hero, who makes it 25 to go. SB folds, BB thinks for a long time, almost folds, then calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain checks, Hero bets 40, Villain raises to 80. Hero makes it 220, Villain hesitates for 2.5 seconds and pushes all in.

Hand 2: Hero is MP with 56o. UTG raises to 10, 6 callers. Flop is 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4club:9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG bets 20, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, and 2 more call.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG bets 100, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.
River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG bets 100, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button raises all-in to 350. UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero???

Edit: For hand 1, I put Villain on either a made flush, set, two pair or straight after the all-in.

Hand 2, I should have raised the turn obviously, but given my action, I'm just looking for advice on the river.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Two tough hands - 2/5NL Live

hand 1 - don't like the 3 bet.

hand 2 you have to raise the turn - you have the nuts right?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:29 AM

stack sizes in hand 1?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:11 AM

What is the question in Hand 2?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:12 AM

In hand 2 just push whatever you have left. You have to call Button, and UTG+1 would have to be taking an incredibly strange line to have 75 here.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:27 AM

i might be crazy, but does ANYONE think checking the flop on hand 1 MIGHT b a good idea?
i know u should bet, i would bet that flop 99% of times

but villain looked like he had low cards and with that kinda flop,he either flopped a monster or a monster draw, since your hand does have some value, should we check it down? n since we know that he has long cards, checking cant possibly hurt the hand?
Old 09-19-2005, 03:54 AM

Hand 1- just call his mini c/r. See what happens on turn

Hand 2 - raise turn big...as you played call allin on river.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:41 PM

Hand #2 you played way too passively. I would have raised the flop, as an advertising semi bluff. Definitely raised the turn. I would call the river. He may have been bluffing w/ a missed draw, because it looked like everybody was just calling along. He may have hit a set w/ the sixes.