Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2004, 06:47 PM

Default What to do....

I know this isnt the proper forum, but I thought it might get more responses if i post this question here. I just received an email, saying that Paypal is now the target of a class action lawsuit. Does anyone know what this means for my bankroll. I dont want to try and take it out through paypal since it might not come. Is my money just wired through them and EMpire actually holds my money or what?

SOme advice would be greatly appreciated.

RICK THE RULER
Old 08-01-2004, 11:01 PM

Default Re: What to do....

First, you're right, this isn't the right forum.

Second, you didn't actually read the email, did you? The lawsuit alleges that PayPal hasn't met some requirements of the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, and PayPal has agreed to settle to the class for the amount of $9.25 million. If the judge accepts the settlement agreement, that money will be distributed to those in the class. The email is just a notice that unless you specifically opt-out, you will be included in the class and will be barred from any further lawsuits against PayPal concerning the alleged violations.

If none of this means anything to you, you have nothing to worry about. PayPal is not going to fold for $9.25 million. Your money is safe, and business will go on as usual.

-b