Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Turn play

You're not gonna let that flush draw have a free card, are you?

Definitely bet. And probably call a check-raise.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Turn play

hmm weird action. i would bet for value here. if you get raised call it down. im assuming these guys would have reraised preflop with kk,qq
Old 09-13-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Re: River play

OK, I did bet the turn. Of course to get CR'd. I had to call that, but the part I'm having the most difficulty is the river. I am so sure of being behind, having the turn check raiser bet into me. The check raiser was an aggressive player, but it just seemed impossible to be ahead. But the pot is laying me near 20:1 and I'm closing the action, I'd have to be crazy to fold here wouldn't I?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero ????
Old 09-13-2005, 07:50 AM

You're not seriously thinking of folding a 20BB pot heads up for one bet on the river are you?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:51 AM

Yes you'd have to be crazy to fold.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:52 AM

Call, Easy call aswell but thats not to say i think im going to win...

I play it the same, Really strange play and it looks like he hit a straight off the flop!

The check/raise is him building the pot, bet hes praying no one hits a flush! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 07:53 AM

Nope. And I needed to be sure I wasn't crazy. But the reason I posted this entire hand in this way was because it reminded me of an article read in card player. I forget the author, ubt he had a friend come to him and say he was always losing at showdown, and it turned out this was just a bunch of errors on earlier streets being comppounded, and that's why he was at showdown in the first place.

So of course, I'm not really asking if I should fold closing the action getting 20:1 without overcalling, but rather should I still even have been in the hand to this point.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So of course, I'm not really asking if I should fold closing the action getting 20:1 without overcalling, but rather should I still even have been in the hand to this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had odds the entire way to your full house. And at these limits you could very well have the best hand. If you were playing 30/60, well that's a different story. But this is the micro's dude.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:25 AM

AA and AK go nuts on this board, too. 2pair wins (by far) often enough to justify the call (as you said).
Old 09-13-2005, 09:38 AM

co folds turn - AQ or Qx Kx
UTG calls only - AA or AK and/or flush draw?
SB - TJ (called 3 cold PF?) possibly both [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
- also possible A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Ax or A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
worth a call