Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2004, 03:55 PM

Default WSOP satellites for the 2K event

i'm leaving for vegas tonight and need info on satellites and supersatellites for the first $2K NLH event. does anyone know where online i can find info? thanks in advance.

Old 04-21-2004, 04:19 PM

Default Re: WSOP satellites for the 2K event

The horseshoe is running one table satellites ALL DAY. They have one tables with a $125 buy in that award two $500 buy-in chips and $120 cash. They have $175 one tables that award three $500 buy-in chips and $225 one tables that give out four $500 buy-in chips. This weekend there was a big crowd waiting around to play in these various satellites so I never had to wait more than about ten minutes. They throw some big multi-table satellites too but there is so much action at the one tables they dominate. Structure is $1000 in starting chips for all of them. 15 minute rounds, blinds start at 25 and 25.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:26 PM

italianstang:

You sound like you're either there in Vegas, or you know enough about the early WSOP events to maybe help me out with this question:

I'm flying to Vegas tomorrow (Thursday). I'll arrive early- to mid-afternoon. What are the chances that all 1000 seats for the first NLHE 2K tourney (on Friday) will be already sold? Do I need to worry about this?

Regards,
all_aces
Old 04-21-2004, 04:38 PM

wait. they're capping it at 1000 players? i mean, DANG that's a lot of players. but i suspect that the tourney, being that it's the first wsop event, can easily go well above the 1000 mark. is the 1000 player cap really true?
Old 04-21-2004, 06:38 PM

Yes, they're capping all but the Main Event at 1000 players. For the Main Event, it's 2000 I believe. I think it's unlikely that all 1000 seats will be sold, given the past number of entrants.... (407 for the first 2K NL last year, 422 for the first 2K limit). But, you never can be too careful.

Good luck PAUL-IN,
all_aces