Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2004, 06:09 PM

Default AKo in BB, 25/50

Here you go ZeeJustin... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Any comments appreciated.

Typical 25/50 5 person table. No real fish, nobody really getting out of line. My time would be better spent reading a book, or watching a movie. Anywho, UTG and button limp, SB completes, I raise in the BB with AKo. All 3 of them call.

Flop comes 679 rainbow. Checked around. I don't know if anyone at the table notices, but I'll check after raising preflop with nothing, with a flopped set, or with anything in between. Just to mix it up. But I don't think anyone at the table notices or cares, so why bother. Anyways...

Turn: A [679]. Completes rainbow. SB checks, I bet, UTG folds, button now raises. SB folds and it's to me. I'm a little confused, so I stop and think. Button's a reasonable player. I think he thinks I'm a reasonable player. I raise preflop, I check a medium flop, I come to life when an ace hits the turn... Maybe he's making a move, or maybe he thinks I'm making a move. But more likely, I think he thinks he can beat what I have. Flopped trips, flopped str8, turned 2 pr... but most likely one of the first two, because he gave the free card on the flop.

But, I'm not sure, so I call.

River: A [A679]. This doesn't change my read from the turn at all, but I want to think that it does. But really, it doesn't. But I really want to think it does, but it doesn't. Your play?

Comments appreciated, and because it's cool, the results are posted in white below:

<font color="white"> </font> I check/called the riv, he showed the unlikely AQo, and I took it down. I then said "I think I need to be more aggressive."
Old 01-20-2004, 06:11 PM

Default *n/m* I guess I don\'t know how to post in white. *n/m*

Old 01-20-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: AKo in BB, 25/50

Against a good player I will 3 bet that turn confident that I can fold to a cap because it means I'm drawing dead. Against an known player I would just go into call-down mode.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:24 PM

Default Re: AKo in BB, 25/50

it doesnt look real good and it would not be a good "default" way to play the hand

in simple terms you have taken a "deep" posistion - you can tell us why you took that posistion but ultimately as always you have to be at the table - that you can consider a hand in the manner you did sounds good to me

stripsqueez - chickenhawk