Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Tells and Patterns

Here is the danger of reading tells. I have a tendency to get hand shakes when I have a really strong hand early in a game with unknown players. Nothing I have tried stops this. Once I relax and get more information on my opponents it goes away. I also have a damaged nerve in my left hand than causes it to shake any time I do things that require dexterity in my fingers such as seperating chips.

These things tend to work to my advantage in two ways. First, I stop getting the shakes about the time most players pick up on the fact it means I have a strong hand and they are more likely to put money in the pot because they don't see me shaking. Second, I can use my left hand to put money in the pot when I bluff. People see the shaking hand and usually fold thinking I have a monster. Obviously, someone who is really keen will notice which hand I use to bluff but most players at my limits don't pick up on it.