Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Worst injury/injuries you\'ve sustained?

Broke my ankle the first time in Grade 10..practiced on it for a few days until it was too swollen to move. Tore my left ankle up in Grade 11. Broke my right ankle again in Grade 12. Walked around on it again until I couldnt move it.

My ankles hate me.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:49 AM

10 years old, just get to the top of a 16 foot slide, foot slips, i go down, never let go of the handles, hit every step onthe way down with my chin biting through my lower lip, 1 broken ankle.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:52 AM

Six ribs broken which went through both my lungs resulting in two collapsed lungs in addition to have my femur broken and a double compound fracture of the lower leg. Yes, it sucked.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:57 AM

Driving home one night, I blew a tire going 40, and lost control, rammed the back of a parked car. It damaged 3 other cars with the force. The top of my head went through the windshield, but I didnt notice it until after the fact. The cop looked at my windshield, and asked if I had done that or the rear view mirror, I told her I wasnt sure, she checked the top of my head there was a small cut. She asked if I think I needed to go to the hospital, I said no. The End.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:02 AM

Duke, how the heck to you get both wrists at once?

Madtown wins at this thread, as noted in what I assume was the earlier linked thread.

DOOMSDAY DEVICE!

I once drove a nail into my hand backwards by slamming my hand into it when it was sticking out of a wall pretending to dunk.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:11 AM

Broken left foot (football) Broken Right Foot (Skateboarding)

7 stitches in head (ran into gymnast rings while playing hockey in phys ed)

Dislocated both thumbs (football)

Cut off small toe on left foot (was sewn back on)-hot tub accident

and the worst disclocated right ankle (basketball) it was locked sideways and I had to snap it back into place while laying in the middle of a basketball court
Old 12-02-2005, 05:35 PM

broken arm,
broke every finger at least once playing football except for my thumbs.

Tore my ACL (football)

had my head cut open by a fishing weight and lost nearly 2 pints of blood. Pretty gory scene seeing the artery shooting blood from my head approx 20 feet at a time. Veins that were cut sprayed a fine mist like a sprinkler. That kicked ass.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:31 PM

I haven't had anything really serious, a few minor injuries.

-Tried to do a backwards cannonball when I was like 7, bottom of my chin hit the pool. Blood everywhere, six or so stitches, no more swimming for the rest of vacation.

-Stabbing holes in the top of a Gatorade bottle, when I was about 8. I missed, and stabbed myself in the hand(if you make an "L" with your hand, I stabbed myself at the corner of the L. Was pretty small cut though, didn't require stitches.

-Washing dishes, I was about 13. I had my hand inside a glass when it broke. It cut my hand(on the outside of my right hand, just below the pinky). There was a flap of skin hanging off, it was disgusting. Went to the hospital, nine stitches later I'm good as new.

-Playing street hockey when I was 14. Took a shot, fell right on my ass. Landed on my ankle, broke my ankle. Went back to school(this actually happened on the first day of sprink break) with a nice blue cast.

-My scariest injury. I was 15, and leaving a friend's house late at night. My friend was in the middle of the street, I came running down a big hill and yelled his name. He pulled out a knife and turned around. He accidentally stabbed me rigth where the wrist meets the hand. I was so scared, we thought he had hit the artery. We ran back in the house, kids parents took me to the hospital. One staple in my hand and I'm home in a few hours

-Last year, around Christmas. I'm sledding down a big hill with a creek at the bottom. I slam my head into a rock in the creek. I get up, walk home. My mom took one look at me and took me to the hospital, where I recieved 12 staples.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:58 PM

Note: This did not happen to me thank god

When I was about 12, being a punk little kid hanging out with friends at a playground in a park near our house, two of my buddies were having a swinging/jump competition, you swing as high as you can, and then jump off the swing, furthest jump wins. Kid gets some good momentum going jumps, hits his landing, but falls back a little, and falls on his ass, no big deal. He doesnt get up though, and is just sitting there on the ground, we were like WTF you didnt even hit the ground hard, he doesnt say anything. Then he starts puking uncontrolably, everywhere. Popped his sack with a nail.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note: This did not happen to me thank god

When I was about 12, being a punk little kid hanging out with friends at a playground in a park near our house, two of my buddies were having a swinging/jump competition, you swing as high as you can, and then jump off the swing, furthest jump wins. Kid gets some good momentum going jumps, hits his landing, but falls back a little, and falls on his ass, no big deal. He doesnt get up though, and is just sitting there on the ground, we were like WTF you didnt even hit the ground hard, he doesnt say anything. Then he starts puking uncontrolably, everywhere. Popped his sack with a nail.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes me want to cry...when you say "pop" did it actually burst, or was it just punctured with a little hole?

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]