Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Turn decision

I posted this in the micro forum, which is usually my home, but I wanted to get some thoughts from you guys.

3/6 6 max.

limper is decent, somewhat loose pf. My only note on him was that 'raisd flp w/ str8t draw vs my pfr'

SB was a terrible lag, he would get aggressive then if played back at he'd fold. He was the reason I was at the table.

ok the hand:

1 limper to me, I raise AK (I do not have teh K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) in the CO, BTN folds, SB calls, BB folds, limper calls.

flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

limper checks, I bet, SB raises, limper calls 2 cold, I 3bet, SB calls, now limper caps, I call, and SB folds

turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

limper checks, I ....
Old 10-19-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Turn decision

bet and be prepared to fold
Old 10-19-2005, 05:24 PM

I was torn between bet/folding as you suggest, or check/calling river, this way I get to see a showdown for the same 1BB.

But at the same time, I wanted to check turn/fold the river to his bet b/c I thought I was beat.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:35 PM

I'd bet and fold to a c/r from the limper.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:07 PM

You have to bet this spot. It sucks but you can't give a heart a free card.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:01 PM

I thought this was an interesting hand. Given the limper's call/cap, what range of hands do we put him on? I was thinking oesd/flush draw/2 pair/set. I can't imagine any "decent player" playing an ace this way against a preflop raiser who has made it clear he has an ace - with the possible exception of AK.

We were behind 2-pair or a set the flop and the turn put us behind one of the possible oesd's and a possible flush.

With the exception of AK or 64 we are behind on the turn. I also think it's unlikely (although not impossible) that villian would limp in with the cards for an oesd. I think betting this turn gets you check/raised 95% of the time (or possibly check/called if villian is worried about "losing customers" with a flush) and there is a reasonable chance of improving if we check (any K/9/A/possibly 7 may put us ahead of 2 pair). The real question imho is whether to call the river bet if we do not improve as the only hand that we hope to see is AK and we're only splitting against that.