Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Warning To Empire Poker Players About Cash Transfers

This is old news. Poker sites don't like being used as borrowing, pay back, or money laundering stations. They much prefer that you and your friends play poker. Go figure...

It's good to hear you're just a student. You still got some time left to develop money skills. Giving out cash advances while scrounging for vacation money isn't a good idea. Hopefully you'll make better decisions in a few years when you have real bills.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would go back and remove your name from the emails unless you made up that name for the purpose of this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just a common name, with no other info. If anyone really wanted to stalk me, there are plenty of publicly accessible records which have my full contact info. Anyway, I appreciate your concern.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is old news. Poker sites don't like being used as borrowing, pay back, or money laundering stations. They much prefer that you and your friends play poker. Go figure...

It's good to hear you're just a student. You still got some time left to develop money skills. Giving out cash advances while scrounging for vacation money isn't a good idea. Hopefully you'll make better decisions in a few years when you have real bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake was not planning the vacation. I loaned out the cash the night before I made the last minute decision to go to Def Con. If I had planned the vacation, I wouldn't have to scrounge up cash at the last minute. Hell, I could have even gotten the plane ticket for 1/6th the price if I had planned it at least a month in advance. This was just a last minute decision, with no real planning.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a student . . . Although, since I don't have any credit cards,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty amazing also. I thought every student had a wallet full of credit cards (even if they have no way to pay the bill). I would get one to start building your credit, just be careful and make sure to pay the bill in full each month.