Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Two TAGs. Hillarity ensues.

Put em on hands if you want. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This is actually a really cool hand, but it probably isn't obvious.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MPA 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MPA checks.

Turn: (3.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MPA calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MPA bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
Old 06-29-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Two TAGs. Hillarity ensues.

UTG AQ red
MPA AK also red

Edit : I don't like my read already as utg would not lead the turn with that hand and mpa would raise the turn with his. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] UTG maybe JJ then but I can't stop thinking MPA has AK.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:49 PM

MPA could have AA/KK. I don't see how the [censored] he would check through the flop with AK/AQ, but i can see how he would 3-bet those preflop.

UTG+1 looks like he tried to stab at the pot on the turn. he guaranteed doesn't have a K, but he could have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

yeah, my final answer is MPA has AA/KK and UTG+1 has either AT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 06-29-2005, 11:54 PM

for some reason i think both of em have TT,JJ, or QQ. No really good reason to believe this though, the hand confuses me honestly.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:25 AM

I haven't read other posts yet, but I would guess they both have pp's between 9's and Q's.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:51 AM

UTG is an aggressive player whom MPA knows well, both how he plays and what he plays. UTG is also somewhat tricky and will try to take control of a pot like this on the flop.

One fellow says it looks like MPA has AA/KK (it does), but then that he doesn't understand why MPA might check through the flop with AK.

Another fellow (correctly) notices that UTG+1 looks like he may have a pocket pair, 99 for example.

Stuey comes closest but doesn't quite understand why, nor is he comfortable with his analysis.

But taking into account the facts gathered, and knowing these are two thinking players, perhaps the mystery can be resolved, and Stuey can become more confident in his answer.

On the flop

General: the flop itself is pretty raggedy, and certainly both of these players would notice that.

1) UTG1 could have a pocket pair such as 99, TT or a big ace. AK-ATs for example. He will play any of these hands aggressively on the flop, for information and to dominate. (He may also have the best hand of course)

2) MPA's flop check makes his hand look like AA/KK. It's a suspicious check, and I would suggest he knows it.

On the turn:

1) UTG either missed a checkraise on the flop or is trying to pickup the pot with any of the "big aces". Also possible, but not likely given his playing style, that he is just being straightforward with AK.

2) MPA calling here doesn't particularly narrow his range of hands.

River:

1) UTG+1 doesn't have a K.

2) MPA declined the free showdown. Perhaps he was waiting to raise the river when he called the turn.

I suppose it may be obvious now.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:08 AM

This table was playing really really tight preflop, with the exception of the guys that are currently in the sb and button or button and CO.

Preflop:

EP has AA-88, AK-AT, KQ... If EP is playing straight-forward preflop, he has JJ-88, AK-AT, KQ.

MP has: AA-TT, AK

On the flop, MP has: AA, KK, or AK The call on the turn pretty much confirms this.