Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 12:51 PM

Default A couple 1$/2$ 6-max hands for review

No special read, usual LAG, I make my set but he shows lots of aggression, do you slow down at any point?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB
--------------------------------------------
tried check-raising the whole table, made my straight, but I encounter lots of resitance, what do you put vilain on?

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.25 BB
flop two pair in the big blind, encounter resistance, when do you slow down?

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
do you cap the turn?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Thanks for any feedback you can give me!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: A couple 1$/2$ 6-max hands for review

First, please don't post so many disjointed hands in one post. If they all follow a very similar theme, its much better.

Hand 1 (flopped set): I don't slow down. If he's got KK or QQ, so be it.

Hand 2 (straight draw): I don't like the flop play, as facing some opponents with 2 cold may cause them to fold hands you want sticking around if you hit your draw. I briefly thought about trying to get a single big spade to fold to protect against running spades, but if a spade comes on the turn you're probably toast anyways. So. Don't like the flop check/3bet.

Turn good. The river is tough. If he hit trips or filled up on the turn, its a perfect spot to c/r the whole field, but he doesn't take it. I hate getting capped on that river, because the only hands I can see him with there are 99 and T8. T8 seems much more likely, no flush draws. So I think its close between 3betting and calling. Calling has the advantages of not folding out the other player and not risking getting capped. I don't think you get capped often, but when you do I think you lose. I lean towards calling.

Hand 3 (flopped two pair): I don't 3bet the turn. Unless you have a read that he's very, very aggro, that's a power move, one I use all the time when I'm in a completely dominating position.

Hand 4 (rivered two pair): meh. His raise could be any Ax (maybe AsXs?) or some weaker two pair that was sandbagging on earlier streets, so I like the 3bet.

It would also be great if you could post any reads you have.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:33 PM

Hand 1: Fine. I can't see slowing down, especially against a LAG.

Hand 2: I bet the flop. If I checked, I'd just call the 2 bets back to me. I don't want to shut anyone out, and the draw isn't as strong as it could be since there's a 2 flush on the board. River looks OK. Maybe the 3 bet is close?

Hand 3: I don't 3 bet the turn. You are behind all reasonable 2 pairs.

Hand 4: Looks like good aggressive poker to me.

ZZZ
Old 04-26-2005, 01:40 PM

Hand 1 - played perfectly on every street. Even if BB does not three-bet preflop with QQ or KK, you still need to push your set the way you did.

Hand 2 - You do not have enough outs on the flop to want maximum bets in, but the flop might get capped even without your help. Still, driving UTG out with a 3-bet is not good for you. Turn is fine. On the river, the only likely hand that beats you is 99. What do you think the MP was calling?
If you think MP is much more likely to call one more than two more on the river and you think MP is likely to call one more, you might consider going for an overcall, otherwise fine.

Hand 3
This is read dependent. MP is probably not pumping a big ace on the turn. Set is also unlikely. So the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] either gives him a second pair or a flush draw with a pair.
If MP is a LAG, I might check-raise the river, otherwise, fine.

Hand 4 - Perfectly fine