Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final Table

When Hachem has his st8 and the ace comes... leads for 2M he asks "You having fun"

Last time he did that Steve moved in with his AK. Crafty or random?
Old 11-15-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When Hachem has his st8 and the ace comes... leads for 2M he asks "You having fun"

Last time he did that Steve moved in with his AK. Crafty or random?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it was more a case of nerves and excitement while waiting for Dannenman to act. If he did it on purpose then it was a great ploy.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:05 PM

I can only hope that if I were ever to find myself in such a stressful situation and surrounded by cameras, that I would handle myself with half the class that Hachem and Dannenmen showed.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:09 PM

Dannenman must be one of the most likeable people you will ever meet. Toobad he has to give away half his winnings [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 11:12 PM

Yeah no kidding. I hope to see Dannenman back in the future, even though I think it would be unlikely for him to come this far again. Gotta love the people that understand how fortunate they are and they are just out there having a good time.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:16 PM

You'll see Dannenmann Christmas Eve on ESPN in the TOC.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:16 PM

Is the 10:00 EST show a repeat of 9:00-10:00?

I recorded WSOP starting at 8:00 expecting it to be over at 10:00 but when I went to watch it at 10:00, I turn on the tube and see they are starting another show and there are 5 players left.

I turned the TV off and came here...but I don't want to read the thread yet either! Can someone just tell me if they aired everything and are just replaying another hour????????
Old 11-15-2005, 11:18 PM

Its all over. Showing repeat now.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the 10:00 EST show a repeat of 9:00-10:00?

I recorded WSOP starting at 8:00 expecting it to be over at 10:00 but when I went to watch it at 10:00, I turn on the tube and see they are starting another show and there are 5 players left.

I turned the TV off and came here...but I don't want to read the thread yet either! Can someone just tell me if they aired everything and are just replaying another hour????????

[/ QUOTE ]

Replaying last hour of final table.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way Black had AK against Kanter's KK. He just called Kanter's raise pre-flop, then checked on the K-high turn?? Black is way too aggressive to play AK that way. My guess would be Ah5h (I think the flop was K53). Would be a lot more consistent with the board and Black's style.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed....can't think that he checked that turn with AK.

P.S. I'm not sure of the stacks, but I think that it was a $15M pot and he bet $2M at the river....Am I the only one who thinks that since $2M is so insignificant here and knowing his opponents style that perhaps checking the river and hoping for a huge bluff might've been a decent alternative? As I said, I'm not sure of the stack sizes though, and obviously thats important.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn is a good check with AK after the action on the flop. It's way ahead way behind on that board since it is very unlikely that Kanter has a draw with the PF action. If he check this turn he doesn't continue to build an already huge pot and can possible induce a bluff from Kanter on the river. It could also cause Kanter to value bet or call with a weaker King on the river. He also loses less when he is crushed by a set.

I am not saying he had AK, but I agree with the others that the biggest clue is how hesitant to call he was on the river for only 2 mil. That should have been pretty easy with AK so I think it's slim for him to have it. But at the time of his turn action AK is still a likely hand based on the action despite that all the K's are gone.