Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Going to direct the leaf blower away from my bankroll

and take a week off. $5-10 6-max is messing with my head a little; there were two distinct hands I spewed chips on a couple nights back when I hoped extra aggression would get me out of a tight spot. Never did that before.

My VP$IP is still too high, after I lowered it from about 30. I'm going to take a tighter approach to, if nothing else, attempt to reduce my variance once I get back on the horse. I don't have a ton of hands in, but at the rate I'm going I'll be broke by the time I hit 10K hands, so it's time for a break.

Gonna read, scour the forum, post a few hands I ran into trouble on, review my PT stats, not play poker, and not be happy about it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2004, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Going to direct the leaf blower away from my bankroll

Well as Ferguson claims there is no better way to learn the game by then playing. Here it looks like you made a few plays at some pots that were just not the correct play at the time. However it looks like youve already learned from those mistakes; these situations are going to happen all the time. In my opinion you should just keep playing so long as you knwo that youre going to be at your optimal game. As for trying to get out of a tight spot with added bets in low-med limit youre unlikely to win a pot with a bet/raise on the turn or river assuming the other player is not extremely tight which is unlikely in a 6 max.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Going to direct the leaf blower away from my bankroll

I have to agree. I've played all that much 6-max yet, but in the $1/2 6-max I've been fooling around in, it seems pretty hard to get people out of pots once they commit to even a single bet on the flop. If they get any chunk of the flop at all, most people are there for the duration. And that's when their hands are stinkers. With good hands, it's even harder to shake 'em. Getting people out of the pots seems extremely player-specific, and there aren't that many players that have leaving a pot early as a specific vulnerability. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] When you're playing multiple 6-max, too, it's even harder to spot which ones those are.

I still try sometimes, but not nearly as much as I do in full games.