Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 12:04 PM

Default First 5-10 hand, QQ involved in a squeeze?

This was a few hands after I showed my bluff in the ealier post. Iv been playing pretty solid.

UTG is pretty loose preflop raiser, just generally lag, so he could have any PP, suited connector, anything playable. Coldcaller is unremarkable, probably small pp or maybe suited connectors. The sb is is a good player, a bit more solid than the rest but still capable of mixing it up from what iv seen. On to the action.

UTG (covers) opens for 40, mp coldcalls (1k), sb (1.2)makes it 160. Im in the BB (1.3k) and have QQ. Call, fold, raise? I just dont know at this level.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: First 5-10 hand, QQ involved in a squeeze?

Stacks?
Old 10-24-2005, 12:08 PM

sry, fixed.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:10 PM

If you are pretty sure UTG will not be reraising, which is probably true if he is LAG and raises light, then I'd call. The real fun is when UTG reraises and SB folds. Then you are in a pickle.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:27 PM

i would usually muck it.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:36 PM

either muck or just stick it in. i don't see how calling is any good. the raise is too much of your stack to play for a set, and you've got the utg 1st raiser behind you still to act. and if you do call, you're gonna have to fold an A- or K-high flop; possibly get stacked on a rag flop if you really are up against AA/KK; and lastly, win nothing more from AK on a rag flop when they check-fold. so, muck it or push preflop.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:12 PM

I likely call and look to get involved in a non A/K flop. At this level you can expect all of the players to know the tendencies of the other players. SB could be looking to put the pressure on UTG as UTG is very loose-aggressive preflop. I make the call and take advantage of my position on the flop.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Results

I flat called. UTG raiser folded (he really must have had [censored]) and coldcaller coldcalled again.

520 in the pot, flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
GIN! sb leads for 400. Just call? I have the coldcaller to think about. but if a J K A come on turn, im not happy.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Results

What color is your Q?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Results

Any reasonable draw (flush or open ended) is gonna call allin here anyway, so you might as well just call and thereby try to lure in the cold caller and his whatever hand. No matter what the turn card is, I think you're calling/going allin. Only trouble is a J on the turn makin AK the nuts, cos maybe AK folds to an allin on the flop.