Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Wrestling Angles that worked

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"The Real World Champion" Ric Flair in the WWF(E)
He had a belt that he stole from WCW!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that belt was Flair's personal property since he paid to have it made. The situation was settled by Flair selling the belt back to WCW.

[/ QUOTE ]

not completely. WCW/NWA at that time still had an old school rule regarding the top belt and the wrestlers holding it. It was never the wrestler's property per se, but they always took out a 25K bond on it, and it was their job to carry the belt with them wherever they went.

Well, During the contract dispute between Jim Herd and Flair, herd forgot to give Flair the 25K bond back to flair before flair jumped. So the belt was still in flair's posession when Vince signed him. The bond was finally given back to flair, so, he was obligated by the contract to give back the NWA/WCW title

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Flair put up the bond for the old NWA belt.

Then, he paid for the new belt himself.

Granted, NWA/WCW still had the bond. But, ownership of the belt was arguably Flair's.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:38 AM

someone post a before and after pick of macho man on steroids. its crazy just like the Sosa/M.M before and after pics.

same thing with scott steiner and the rest of them.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What night/time/network is it on?

[/ QUOTE ]

RAW is on USA at 9:00PM
Smackdown is on UPN at 8:00PM

There is a NWA TNA Special Thursday (today/tomorrow)on spike TV at 9:00PM which is suppossed to be very good.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
someone post a before and after pick of macho man on steroids. its crazy just like the Sosa/M.M before and after pics.

same thing with scott steiner and the rest of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steriods completely ruined Scott Stiener. Its crazy to think that he used to be one of the very best workers in WCW.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:11 AM

Even on steroids, Steiner was doing pretty good until his big injury that ruined him. Of course, it's not like that wasn't steroid related..
Old 11-03-2005, 06:31 AM

Here's an old-school angle that I just remembered that I thought was awesome. Lex Luger had turned face by leaving the 4 Horsemen (actually he was kicked out when he refused to jump over the top rope to allow JJ Dillon to win a Bunkhouse Battle Royal). A few months later, Luger and Windham were enjoying a run with the NWA World Tag Team Titles. They worked (once again) a semi-long running angle where JJ Dillon was looking for a new 4th Horseman to join Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson. Windham turned against Luger in a Tag Title defense against Tully & Arn, giving the Horsemen the straps and their new 4th member in a classic match and heel turn. I still have the segment of the match that aired on NWA Worldwide. It is one of the better "in-match" heel turns in history. The Horsemen toss Luger outside the ring and run his head into the ringpost, and Luger juices a gusher. Luger struggles to get back to the ring for several minutes while Windham is dominated by Tully and Arn, occassionally coming over to tag Luger (who isn't there). Finally Luger climbs to the apron, whereupon Windhman forcefully tags him in, and nails him with the lariat and the Horsemen make to cover to win the straps. Great stuff!
This also set up the Windham vs. Dusty (Midnight Rider) feud.
Old NWA was awesome!
Les
Old 11-03-2005, 06:33 AM

Just wanted to say this thread rocks. I would kill to see some of these old matches again
Old 11-03-2005, 01:51 PM

Some favorite angles:

Jim Cornette's Midnight Express vs. Paul E. Dangerously's Original Midnight Express. Cornette keeps getting phone calls and he says "bring em here, let's have a fight"
Eventually Paul E. and the original Midnights show up on TBS and attack, and Cornette bleeds all over his white suit.

Arn Anderson brins back the Horsemen on Nitro and gives Curt Hennig "his spot". Thens says "Ric Flair get your ass out here". Biggest crowd pop I have ever seen on TV.

Taz vs. Sabu in ECW was cool because they kept them apart for so long, that really built it up well.

Austin/Vince Mc Mahon has been covered.

Sting doing the crow gimmick on Nitro, they built that up for like a year, but he should have pinned Hogan clean at Starrcade. The fake Sting stuff and Luger doubting him was good.

I have always loved the Flair/Funk reud from 89 or 90 where Funk choked Flair with a plastic bag. Flair had the press conference with the neck collar on. Funk also piledrove Flair through a table which was an unheard of spot back then.

Peace,

KennyBanya
Old 11-03-2005, 03:35 PM

Alot of people mentioned how they liked Bret Hart. I was never much of a fan but respected what he did in the ring. He had two feuds/angles that were well done that haven't been mentioned yet (atleast I haven't seen them mentioned yet).

Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold: The had several great matches but their Wrestlemania match where Stone Cold passes out after refusing to tap while in the sharpshooter and Bret refused to break the hold was extremely well done.
Even though Stone Cold was getting cheered as a bad guy this was the moment he became a "good" bad guy.

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart: The angle where Owen wanted out of Bret's shadow. Well done with some really good matches, Wrestmania X and a Summerslam cage match that was like 40 minutes long.

Im not really a huge fan of actual wrestling but still follow it hoping they come up with some good angles. It not as good as it once was but alot of people make it seem like it used to be alot better than it was. People tend to remember the good times more than the bad.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 05:53 PM

Oh my God. I'm on a poker forum. In a big thread about wrestling. I have died and gone to heaven.