Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2002, 09:51 PM

Default Re: PS

I went to my brothers marriage in Vegas many years ago. I thought it was plastic, but thats probably just me.

In Montana you can walk in to court and declare yourself married. My wife and I did that and exchanged vows at home after. It worked for me.

Congrats and best wishes. Can you fish overseas? Can man live without fishing despite how well the rest of his life is?
Old 05-08-2002, 10:22 AM

Default Re: I\'ve seen a few posts from you,

you need to get a sense of humor..just an observation...
Old 05-08-2002, 02:30 PM

Ed,

We are moving to Thailand so fishing will definitely be a possibility. Haven't looked into using flies there, maybe i will surf around today for some information. We will surely live on the coast so we have access to the sea for both fishing and eating--no way we are giving up the fresh seafood we have grown accustomed too here in Seattle.

KJS
Old 05-08-2002, 03:33 PM

Default Congratulations

Way to go!

I assume this is Mel that I met at that home game?

You two are great.

Best wishes.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:06 PM

Good luck. Post about your adventure.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Congratulations

It is, and thanks.

Did Joey and I see you at Muckleshoot a couple weekends ago? I thought maybe he sat at your table for a bit. If you do ever see me out, say hello. I have been playing at Lils weekday afternoons and/or late night and some Fridays at Muckleshoot.

KJS
Old 05-09-2002, 03:27 PM

Nope...I haven't been to Muckleshoot it quite a while. It's such a pain in the butt driving all the way out there.

I do get to Lil's every once in a while, but I mainly haunt the Hideaway 3-4 nights a week.

If I see ya at lils I'll be sure to swing by your table and say hi.

You should come to the hideaway some time. The games are great.
Old 05-09-2002, 06:14 PM

But how is the atmosphere? I haven't been there in about 3 years but back then it was super smoky, the bathroom was a filthy pit, the service terrible, etc.. I am willing to give it a second chance because I trust you that the games are good but I am inclined to just drive to Lils (probably the same time-wise for me) if the place is still a dump.

KJS
Old 05-09-2002, 08:54 PM

The games are good there. At least in my oppinion.

As to the atmosphere...

The card room was recently purchased so it's getting better.

New paint in half of it.

The poker bathroom still sucks, but the one in the bar is fine.

I haven't seen any problems with the service.

Now...back to the room being purchased. Silver Dollar purchased it, so there are all kinds of rumors flying around. The entire game may even move to another room if the new management makes too many changes.

Friday nights they usually have 3 10-20 games going and a couple of 4-8 games. Other nights, it depends, some times you get several games going, sometimes only a couple.

If you do check it out again, call ahead and ask how many games are going. It'll give you a feel for the games that night.

If I go this Friday it will be late. I'll probably be there Saturday or Sunday evening though.