Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Crazy Poker - never got signed up for affiliate rakeback deal

[ QUOTE ]
Rakeback is on the net rake you produce. If you're clearing bonuses at low limits, you're producing negative MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are sites that do not subtract bonus dollars from MGR.

If you are not signing up for a rakeback deal when you join a new poker room, you are giving up ALOT of $$$ long term.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:33 PM

Yes, you are losing out by setting up a rakeback account. CPA abuse (gift for signups) is much more +EV in the short term for most sites.

I have rakeback at a couple of prima skins - know how much I've made from it? $2.45

Know how much I could have got signing up through PSO or ITH? About $100 of stuff.

My point should be clear - rakeback only matters at sites you want to stay on.

It's not that hard to work around and get a rakeback account at any site you didn't get the first time around if you really get stuck. Easier is to just find a skin you haven't whored.

The important one to get is a Party skin (two if you think you'll want to 8 table in the future). Yes, Rakeback is nice but it's not always the best way to profit from signing up at a poker room.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:10 PM

you never mentioned CPA/swag as your argument against rakeback before. you had previously only said not to get rakeback because of possibility of negative MGR (which is not a good reason in of itself). you did not specify to seek an ALTERNATIVE to rakeback that might be more lucrative for a short term or whore-oriented player.

since I already brought up the CPA option earlier in the discussion, you mentioning it just now as your new point seems a bit suspect.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I have accounts at 3 Boss Media sites, Poker Stars , Bet 365, Crazy Poker, and Pacific Poker, I am not as concerned that I missed the boat by not getting rakeback deals before signing up with those sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ok, Poker Stars doesn't allow or have any rakeback deals, so you didn't miss much there.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you never mentioned CPA/swag as your argument against rakeback before. you had previously only said not to get rakeback because of possibility of negative MGR (which is not a good reason in of itself). you did not specify to seek an ALTERNATIVE to rakeback that might be more lucrative for a short term or whore-oriented player.

since I already brought up the CPA option earlier in the discussion, you mentioning it just now as your new point seems a bit suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Busted!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 02:51 AM

Fine, whatever. I didn't see you bringing it up in any of your posts either, but I really don't care. You're great, you win, do you want a [censored] cookie?