Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 06-22-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Poker Tracker all that remains is HHcopy.mdb

my hdd recently fried while I was playing during an electrical storm. I'm trying to find a way to recover statistics from this file, is tihs possible?

I've tried to contact PTPat, but his responses have been attempts at making it work, but not sufficient.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker all that remains is HHcopy.mdb

If the file is not damaged, it's -possible-. You would probably need to write a program to export the hh's to text files, or make a macro to go through the db and copy/paste them, or manually do it, then re-import them.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker all that remains is HHcopy.mdb

I may be stating the obvious but I'll go ahead, .mdb files are MicroSoft Access Files, if you have Access on your hard drive which used to come with MS Office Pro additions it should open fine unless as stated it got corrupted.

I believe if you look around that there is an access reader out there for free, I think you can get it from microsoft. It won't let you save or change data but you'll be able to see what you have.

If you don't have Access, you might google and see if there is a coverter, its seems there was one that converted from Access to comma delimited which I think is .csv which can be used in excel or Word in an akward fashion, may need to change the csv to txt for word, can't remember. Google is my friend...

One Steet at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co