Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2004, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Getting Back into Limit, Some Advice Needed Please!

Looks to me like your playing way to many hands.. I'd like to know what your VP$IP is in the 5000 hands you've played so far. A good %VP$IP is prolly 20% or less. Any higher and your playing to many hands. (Guessing your vp$ip is around 25-30% if not higher).
As a limit player who's worked my way up to 2/4 full time I've learned the hard way about playing tight aggressive..

Look through the hands you've been playing in PT and throw out the biggest loosers. Learn to play stronger positional poker.

One tip I heard was look for a reason to get out of hands.. Don't try to find reasons to play them...
Old 07-19-2004, 02:08 PM

you look for reasons to fold preflop, and reasons to call towards the turn and river, if you're always looking to fold, or you're not willing to play a weak draw when the odds are there you're leaving a lot of money on the table.

-JDanz
Old 07-19-2004, 02:11 PM

Yea that's definitely good advice all around thanks guys. I used the throwing away big losers thing in NL but I had 50,000+ hands there. With only a couple thousand hands Aces is one of my biggest losers so I really can't be drawing conclusions til I've had each hand 50+ times. VP$IP is 21.18% is that too high? That's still not a great indicator since I've only played 1500 hands. Raised Preflop is only 5.5% so I guess that's something I need to work on.