Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 03:10 PM

Default To much Aggression ??

While going over PT to try and tighten up my play I found I have been bleeding away bets with these hand..
AJo
ATs
A8s
QTs

Here's an example of an AJo where I think I'm too aggressive with on a drawing hand..

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Correct me if I'm wrong here:

Flop I am ok raising but should flat call the 3 bet.
Turn should have been a flat call/fold.
River I need to give up..

Opponent is running 58% vpip and 20% PFR..

Is calling the 3 bet on flop and 1 on turn then folding to the river the correct line?
Old 05-24-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: To much Aggression ??

Capping the flop is fine, especially if you think you can get a free card, but raising the turn does nothing but charge yourself more to draw when you're behind.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:17 PM

"Opponent is running 58% vpip and 20% PFR.."

Your line keeps this player in business. His error is that he plays pots, sometimes big pots, with crap. Show him winners to take his money.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:21 PM

i just call his flop 3-bet and see if i hit.

flop cap is ok i guess but i don't do it, but if he might slow down on the turn we can take the free card/call his river bet UI. i like getting to showdown cheaply versus lags sometimes.

turn raise is very bad.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:24 PM

Flop: a raise is ok u have many outs (15 i think) to improve ur hand but its still just a HU situation it would be better if u had more ppl in the hand to do the raise. i would just call the flop but raising isnt that wrong. when he 3-bets u just call.

Turn: Just call the raise u still dont have a hand.

River: Here ur dead. the opponent have shown aggression all the way by betting so i would fold this.

GL // Dunno
Old 05-24-2005, 06:43 PM

Yeah
knew the response I was gunna get before posting..

Thx for replies guys