Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Take this challenge and win a pub.

You yanks seem well up for your challenges and resulting bets and I salute you for it.

Every year in a small market town called Helston located in Cornwall England they have a festival called Flora day. To mark this occasion a local brewer makes an ale called Spingo special which you can only drink at a pub called the Blue Anchor.

Each Flora day the Landlord of the Pub paints a white line in the courtyard of the Pub. Tradition has it that if you can drink 20 pints of Spingo special and walk in a straight line down the white line you win the deeds of the pub.

Spingo special is a distinct brew. I estimate its alcohol content to be around 8.5% which is of course high for a beer. However as anyone will tell you who has drunk the stuff, there is some secret ingredient. This stuff sends you mad after about 3 pints. It has a hit all its own and is legendery for it.

So, no offence intended but Yanks have a piss poor international respect rating for being able to handle their drink. Maybe this is the time for someone to step up be counted. Be warned though, both russians and scots have attempted this and been crushed by the Spingo. These two races of men are hard HARD hard drinkers.

Can you walk the white line?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Take this challenge and win a pub.

Can you start at the opening time and try to walk the line at closing? How will the new 24 hour legislation affect this?

I couldn't do this, but surely someone can?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:35 PM

How long do you have to drink the 20 beers? I think that given a long enough time, this could easily be done.

[ QUOTE ]
So, no offence intended but Yanks have a piss poor international respect rating for being able to handle their drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true, but you clearly don't know how strict our drunk driving laws. Most Americans have gotten VERY good at walking a straight line while trashed.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:36 PM

Spingo has an effect all its own. I can handle my beer, yet I am utterly deystroyed after 5 pints.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this could easily be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, easily. I mean think of how many people have done this before.... wait wait wait, none.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:38 PM

This would be pretty stupid if he puts some kind of drug or whatever in the beer...

if its just heavy alcohol that's a different story....and something i want to try [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Didn\'t have the energy to make a proper gimmick account...

Old 11-09-2005, 08:57 PM

Its hard to explain the potency of this beer.

As an example.

My mate Carn drank about 7 pints of this stuff one Christmas Eve when our local Pub "The Dock" had some made up to celibrate Christmas.

He awoke on Christmas day to find he had gotten up in the middle of the night and taken a dump in his room on the floor. All I remember is Carn becoming incoherent and conversing in grunts after about 3-4 pints and just walking up to prety girls and groping/pawing them blatently without pause for an introduction after about 5 pints.

To put this into further perspestive. We are not at college, we were/are in our 30s at the time and have both been around the block as far drinking is concerned. Carn is one of the sturdiest drinkers I know.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As an example.

My mate Carn drank about 7 pints of this stuff one Christmas Eve when our local Pub "The Dock" had some made up to celibrate Christmas.

He awoke on Christmas day to find he had gotten up in the middle of the night and taken a dump in his room on the floor. All I remember is Carn becoming incoherent and conversing in grunts after about 3-4 pints and just walking up to prety girls and groping/pawing them blatently without pause for an introduction after about 5 pints.

To put this into further perspestive. We are not at college, we were/are in our 30s at the time and have both been around the block as far drinking is concerned. Carn is one of the sturdiest drinkers I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else reading this in an English accent?

Weird.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As an example.

[/ QUOTE ]

so he's spiking it with somethign? no way just the alcohol is doing that...