Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Rate Tom Mcevoys play.

thanks for posting. i just watched the first video and thought he played it pretty well for the most part. im not particularly sure his ultra tight style of play is made for these turbo sngs, even tho he did manage to take 2nd in this one. I agree with most posters that he had trouble with a few hands short-handed. Also, im not big on that Q10 hand heads up where he gives a free card with the 3 hearts on the board.

Ps-- his voice seriously almost put me to sleep, very annoying over the long run [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2005, 06:33 PM

I watched these last night and thought he should push quite a bit more, especially in #2 after the calling station busted.

I was also a bit confused about the TT hand where an 800 stack raised to 400 and he just called. He said the guy with 400 behind would call if he pushed, so he might as well just wait until the flop. I don't see how that's going to get any hands that are ahead of him to fold ever, but sometimes a small PP can get away from him on the flop then. Is that desired?
Old 09-25-2005, 08:00 PM

can you say WEAK TIGHT! jesus, he folded a good amount of easy pushes. Also heads up he's WEAK. I would make it 2.5 times his BB almost every time.

he only looked at his cards, then he thought (level 2) by putting his opponet on a hand. But NEVER did he do level 3 (raising or calling/ betting later soley cause he thought opponet couldn't call). I was very disappointed by his play.

And folding I think it was J4o in the SB, very poor SB play by him imo.