Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 01:28 AM

Default King Yao\'s book on backorder for 1 month :(

Yep... its been 3 weeks since I ordered it from Amazon. They decided to send me Sklansky on Poker and Concepts in Lowball (looking forward to that one since I've been playing so much Triple Draw 2-7 lately) by breaking up the order since the delay is going to be so great.

Hmm... depressing.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: King Yao\'s book on backorder for 1 month :(

There are other sellers you can buy from on Amazon. I got mine from mediacrazy for <$22 including shipping. I received it ~3 days after ordering.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:45 AM

'Fraid so - they shipped mine in like 3 weeks. Hope you have better luck than I did!
Old 06-08-2005, 07:24 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, I wish there was something I could do. My publisher recently sent out a bunch of books to the wholesalers. Hopefully it won't take much longer for them to get it out to the retailers. It will probably just get worse in the next month though, so its good you already ordered it. My publisher is out of inventory, and the second printing won't be available for a month or so. That will probably affect orders that are placed about two weeks from now.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:30 AM

Hey TT,

I had to wait 3-4 weeks for it to get in and it then took 3 weeks to ship to the UK. It has arrived and looks worth the wait though!

I am going to get through it over the weekend and might post a review on here.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep... its been 3 weeks since I ordered it from Amazon. They decided to send me Sklansky on Poker and Concepts in Lowball (looking forward to that one since I've been playing so much Triple Draw 2-7 lately) by breaking up the order since the delay is going to be so great.

Hmm... depressing.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered my copy on May 12th and it shipped May 31st. Since I live in Brazil, it should probably take a week still, though who can say? I probably won't review it immediately since it also shipped with SSH which is higher on my reading list (one notch to be exact).

Albert
Old 06-08-2005, 10:19 AM

Don't believe the Amazon time frames they gave, when I ordered this book it was a tuesday, they told me it wouldn't be shipping for 5-7 weeks(!!), then on Friday I got an email saying the book had shipped and I had it in my hands Monday (this Monday actually).

This was from Amazon.ca, I don't know if americans can order from there (canucks can order from .com so I don't see why not) but maybe it's worth giving them a try if you want it faster. Maybe they still have some in stock.

T
Old 06-08-2005, 10:24 AM

TT,

I had the same problem as you, but I sucked it up and paid the extra shipping by ordering it direct from the publisher (bj21.com). I ordered it one Saturday online and it got here the next Wednesday.

J
Old 06-08-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't believe the Amazon time frames they gave, when I ordered this book it was a tuesday, they told me it wouldn't be shipping for 5-7 weeks(!!), then on Friday I got an email saying the book had shipped

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. When I ordered it May 12th, I did indeed have to wait til May 31st, but the order page said I'd have to wait until June 16th for my other books to ship. However, exactly one day later, June 1st, they left. Go figure.

Albert
Old 06-08-2005, 12:20 PM

Try a1books.com, their website shows the book in stock and ready to ship within 1 day. It's 14.97 + 3.49 shipping. This is where I purchased the book from and it came pretty quickly.