Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 09:27 PM

Default BEWARE OF BODOG!!

I am a Canadian Resident living in the US and as you know BODOG does not accept Canadian customers. So I emailed and asked and they said as long as I have my US address and US bank account, then i'm ok.
So I sign up and win over $3000 in a couple hours when all of a sudden it says that my account has been disabled. After 2 days and 50 faxes of stuff they want later they say they don't believe I live in the US even though i showed them mail and have my US bank account in the US.
So now they say i'm out of luck and are taking my $3000 in winnings and theres nothing I can do.
If I would have lost you can bet they would have kept the money, so how do they figure they can keep my winnings? And worse, not like they're giving the $3000 back to people I won it from, but they keep it as profit. Does anyone else find this ridiculous? I say stay away from them at all costs. Not a very good way to get new customers or keep them. I've got accounts at 10 different sites and have even heard of anything close to this stupid.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: BEWARE OF BODOG!!

You won $3k in a couple of hours???
Old 05-16-2005, 11:01 PM

Could you please post your correspondence with BoDog support.

I have a feeling there is more to this than meets the eye.

Several of your posts on this and other forums are defensive and/or have an angry tone In light of this, I'd be curious to see your communications with the site thus far.

If what you are saying is true, this incident would certainly be of concern. The proper information would allow people to make an informed decision prior to opening a new account.

However there are many players here who have spoken well of Bodog. Creating a negative vibe about a relatively new online poker room could have consequences for that site.

Again, please post all your correspondence thus far with the BoDog support team.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:04 PM

I'm not Canadian so I'm not worried.

I've actually been to Canada a few times though. Is bodog going to come after me if they find out?
I've even handled Canadian currency before.
My impression is that the uglier American currency has better value.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:12 PM

I am Canadian... so I guess I know better than to play with fire.

I've actually been to Canada a few times though. Is bodog going to come after me if they find out?

Hey. Just because I live in this country doesn't mean I can be held responsible for what BoDog does with your ass after you cross the 49th parallel.

Godspeed, sir.

I've even handled Canadian currency before

Still have the pink and purple ink stained finger tips to prove it, huh.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:14 PM

I agree something is not out yet that is part of this story. Why were they suspicious of you to begin with to ask for ID? This isnt normal for them.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:24 PM

Take off, eh!!!

(okay...it's an old Bob and Doug McKenzie reference...so what....eh?)
Old 05-16-2005, 11:43 PM

My girlfriend, the one I met last summer, is from Canada.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:58 PM

I'm for making Canada our 51st State, except for the ones that speak French there.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:28 AM

This guy cross-posted this in the MTT forum.

I'm cross-posting my response over here just in case anyone is taking this guy seriously:

---------------

I went back and looked it up because his name looked familiar. Wanted to be sure.

This is the same guy who said the party till you cruise promo was 'rigged' or something to that effect. (I played raked hands for 4 straight days to earn enough party-points for the PPM cruise...this was in February).

He said he had an 'insider' at party tell him that he could just make a bunch of deposits ahead of time (if I'm recalling the story correctly) so that he would have enough points to be 'given' the cruise.

Then when he told them to give him the cruise they said he wasn't eligible.

He went on and on about how the 'insider' said they had already given away all 20 cruise packages to those getting affiliate sign-ups.
He insisted that I was wasting my time playing there because he had all this 'insider' info that told him nobody else would be getting the cruise.

Well...I got the cruise...and I don't think he had any 'insider' info at party in the first-place.

Now he's coming up with these weird allegations about Bodog 'stealing' his money.

This poster seems less than credible imo.