Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Best computer programmes

Hello,

I am sure these question has been been asked a few times already at this forum, but I am new here and could not find anything in recent posting.

I have been playing Hold'Em for a few months now and read about 3 books which enables me to make reasonable profit (though at low stakes only for now). Now I would like to buy some computer programmes to analyse my play and improve. I gather from what I read at this forum so far that Poker Tracker is the one to buy for keeping track on past hands. However, I played (and still play) only at Pacific Poker and Ladbrokes which both don't seem to be supported by that Poker Tracker. Any alternative products that would allow me to analyse my hands at Pacific and Ladbrokes?

In addition, I would also be interested in a programme which would calculate the win percentages with various hole cards, pre and post flop and various other probabilistic functionalities on the same line. Which good programme can do that (Poker Tracker?)?

Many thanks for your help.

Alex
Old 10-20-2004, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Best computer programmes

Ladbrokes is supported I think, don't they use the prima software?
Old 10-21-2004, 12:09 AM

Play at a site supported by PokerTracker it would be well worth the move
Old 10-21-2004, 04:10 AM

I read recently that ladsbroke doesn't support players in the US anymore thanks to the religious thought police - this true?

RB
Old 10-21-2004, 04:12 AM

but Pacific Poker has the juciest games I encountered anywhere...
Old 10-21-2004, 05:43 AM

it is supported in theory, but there are some problems at present. who knows when this is going to be resolved

are there no alternative programmes?
Old 10-21-2004, 06:55 AM

I don't think you will find any software that will work with Pacific because you cannot get hand histories from them.
Some sites will email you hand histories and others are now storing them on your hard drive. With either of these methods the tracking program (like poker tracker) can upload the information.
So until Pacific decides to make the hand histories available I think we are out of luck.
I have recently started playing at Paradise so that I can collect hand histories. I still play mostly at Pacific but will most likely move on once I feel I can play well at other sites.

Luckydog
Old 10-22-2004, 01:13 AM

Well, let's hope that Pacific does NOT make hand history logs available, as the lack of these drive many of the really serious players away. It wouldn't be as fishy if they had logs and multi-table play. I think that it is nice that there are places like that to choose from too. I actually find it kind of sad that you can now multi-table at True. It takes away some of its special flavour. Not all sites need to be the same.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:04 AM

Isn't Pacific the site that makes you fight for your cash-outs? Like, you have to send them utility bills and I.D. and such, and if they "don't like" what you send them, they just delay cashing you out forever and keep asking for more and more documentation?

I'm scared of sites that don't want to give me my money.

If I'm incorrect on this, fine, but I seem to recall reading repeatedly that Pacific tries to fight you for your money in this way.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:15 AM

Default programs that calculate win % and stuff

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, I would also be interested in a programme which would calculate the win percentages with various hole cards, pre and post flop and various other probabilistic functionalities on the same line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are two good ones:

poker stove
poker calculator

This one is nice because it's on the web and you can post the URL of a result if you want:

two dimes