Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: HULA ML Cleanup

[ QUOTE ]

But again, what ever decision you make, I'll accept, and I think everyone should accept, because we all agreed that you take over.

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my analysis of the situation:

We have five teams, and the only one that's assured of being in the top 4 via the rules is ihardlyknowher's.

-- Goofball/dave44 are both in positions where if we finish out with forfeits they would win the tiebreakers by virtue of a scheduling hiccup, being scheduled against teams not in competition on Week 6 while raisins/bds were not. I don't like this.

-- raisins/bds: despite raisins' post, there's no support in the rules for deciding this based on head-to-head, and I think there's a good reason not to: not everyone played head-to-head.

That adds up to having to do tiebreaker matches, because there was no support for breaking tiebreaker ties in the original rules. That could add as much as two extra "weeks" to this thing before going to the playoffs.

In addition, at least one player potentially in the playoffs (and one of the missing Week 6 matches) has been banned.

Given all this, I'm in favor of a chop. For those who really want playoffs, you always have the option of matching up individually to play for part or all of your payout.

If this sort of thing is done again, I recommend finding a structure that lets eliminated teams wander off without screwing it up for everyone else. It would also be a good idea to be more organized from the start.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:55 AM

Before you go criticizing people for being busy, you should know that bds, as a captain, was absolutely great. She has sent numerous emails to her team with information on improving heads up play. She also sent out emails every week with standings/updates and information on the team we were scheduled to play (such as contact information).

Before she was swamped at work she would send e-mails offering to practice with people on the team so we could improve our chances to win.

To top it off, she offered to give back the extra money she would make as being a captain if we did win money. This offer wasn't prompted by anything in particular.

While I normally would agree with you with people saying they are busy and normally being full of it, you have to understand that this is probably a special case. If she says she is busy, I believe her. The amount of emails, as well as time contacting people and making sure her team was up to date with matches, makes me believe she wouldn't just blow off the playoffs.

If you go back and look through the other HULA ML threads you will see that bds is consistently making posts to keep things moving.

Anyways, I've never really defended anyone on the forum before but I really think bds deserves a special mention from her team for doing a great job as captain.

Jon
Old 10-22-2005, 04:57 AM

Can we create a new thread and vote?

Anyone in the remaining five teams can cast a vote, and you have 48 hours to do so?

Honestly, this might be the only way you are getting a concrete answer from a group of people.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before you go criticizing people for being busy, you should know that bds, as a captain, was absolutely great. She has sent numerous emails to her team with information on improving heads up play. She also sent out emails every week with standings/updates and information on the team we were scheduled to play (such as contact information).

Before she was swamped at work she would send e-mails offering to practice with people on the team so we could improve our chances to win.

To top it off, she offered to give back the extra money she would make as being a captain if we did win money. This offer wasn't prompted by anything in particular.

While I normally would agree with you with people saying they are busy and normally being full of it, you have to understand that this is probably a special case. If she says she is busy, I believe her. The amount of emails, as well as time contacting people and making sure her team was up to date with matches, makes me believe she wouldn't just blow off the playoffs.

If you go back and look through the other HULA ML threads you will see that bds is consistently making posts to keep things moving.

Anyways, I've never really defended anyone on the forum before but I really think bds deserves a special mention from her team for doing a great job as captain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will second that.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we create a new thread and vote?

Anyone in the remaining five teams can cast a vote, and you have 48 hours to do so?

Honestly, this might be the only way you are getting a concrete answer from a group of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best idea yet! I'd make it but I feel like it should be done by someone still in the playoffs.

Make a poll. 4 Choices are :
1) play it all out--normal payout structure
2) playoff for 4th place--even 4-way split among top 4 teams
3) call the season as is and split evnely among top 5 teams,
4)call the season--be grateful for the epxeience and give the prize pool to charity.

Finally make suer to include a link to view the results and only let people on the top five teams vote.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:08 PM

In order to put up continuing as a poll option, somebody needs to be willing to run the thing.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:20 PM

I've never posted a poll, so this may be a stupid question - but is it possible to put up a poll that will be smart enough to limit the voting to one for specifically for each of those eligible to vote?
Old 10-22-2005, 06:06 PM

I'm making a new thread now
Old 10-22-2005, 06:14 PM

How about we just end all of this and go by your decree?

As a side note, let me state that I am opposed to giving the money to charity. The money was put in by all players with the understanding that all of it would go to some of the tournament players. I don't like anyone declaring that someone else's money is going to charity. If a tourney participant wants to give the money they take out to charity they can do it on their own. Or not.

timprov, if you make a decision to donate the prize pool I will accept it. But, since I saw the idea of giving it to charity mentioned again I wanted to state my opposition to it as no one has made the case against it.

regards,

raisins
Old 10-22-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

timprov, if you make a decision to donate the prize pool I will accept it. But, since I saw the idea of giving it to charity mentioned again I wanted to state my opposition to it as no one has made the case against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not okay with the idea of just decreeing the prize pool to charity. This should be up to the individuals, i.e. we chop it up and if bds wants to give her share away that's fine.