Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Is this close to a string raise?

[ QUOTE ]
10/20 game. On river, I put 4 chips in my right hand and 4 in my left. Both hands are moving out. I flipped out 4 chips onto the table from right and then 4 from my left next to the chips I already flipped out.

At some point during this process, I did say raise as well. But I'm not sure at what point I said it.

Just what I do sometimes. I didn't think it was even close. But my opponent complained and the dealer said it was close but he allowed the raise.

Even if I did not say raise, is it close? I didn't reach back for some chips. Both hands were moving out at the same time. I just dropped them at different times.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can move both your hands at the same time right?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Use 1 hand, 1 motion. Don't be one of those tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Verbal declaration before a chip hits the felt, and you can be as big of a tool as you want. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't say anything, yes, it can be a string raise if someone calls you on it. I know because I was a dick and called someone on it before. (1st and only time I've ever called a stringer on someone)

Many don't realize this can be seen as a stringer. One reason is because you can drop the chips at different times which is like going back to your stack.

As uncool as it may look, just put your chips in with one hand. There's no style points for 'how' you raise.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus..., as I said before I'm not looking for style points. Its just how I naturally put 8 chips into the pot. When I raise preflop, its just 4 chips in one hand. I guess it gets some mental midgets on tilt....

I don't think its a string raise. I'm moving forward with both hands. I'm pretty sure I always say raise as I'm moving forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something else that works is if you use both hands, place both piles in the pot without letting go of either, then remove both hands at once.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well as you can imagine there are more "string raises" in this game than a high picking guitar monkey on an amphetamine enima.
/rant

[/ QUOTE ]

gold [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]