Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Start running, King Yao ....

Order date 6/2/05
Original Ship date, confirmed by support last week 6/14 (because of the HOH2 preorder).

6/11/05 email from Amazon support:
<font color="blue"> Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I have checked your order, and I can confirm that we still expect to ship it in time for delivery by the date listed in Your Account: June 17, 2005.

We will send you an e-mail to let you know when the order has been shipped. Please feel free to contact us again at .. if you do not receive this e-mail by June 15, 2005.

Please note that the item "Harrington on Hold'em Expert Strategy for No limit Tournaments: Endplay, 2" is listed with an availability estimate of "Usually ships within 1 to 2 weeks" on our web site.

Items listed as "usually ships within 1 to 2 weeks" typically take up to 1 to 2 weeks to obtain and prepare for shipment, but can occasionally take longer.
<font color="red">However, please note that the item "Weighing the Odds in Hold?em Poker" is still available at 24 hours availability and we have this item on our hand. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] However, we are waiting to receive your copy of "Harrington on Hold'em Expert Strategy for No limit Tournaments: Endplay, 2" so that we can ship your entire order.</font></font>

Today on Amazon:
<font color="green">WOH: (New listing in my account) Shipping estimate: June 17, 2005 - June 22, 2005
Delivery estimate: June 24, 2005 - July 5, 2005

HOH2: Shipping estimate: June 14, 2005
Delivery estimate: June 16, 2005 - June 17, 2005 </font>

I guess on-hand doesn't mean what it used to.... or the bastards sold it out from under me.

They are listing it as if they're splitting up the shipment now, but since I have no Amazon confirmation that HOH2 is being shipped, I'll believe it when I see it.

If Amazon replies to my email, they'd better not tell me incorrectly that they have either book "in hand" [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: What price did you pay for HOH 2?

Do you get that many things from Amazon that it was worth the $79 for the Amazon Prime?

Membership has its privileges... though I remember the day when you didn't have to pay extra to get what you were promised.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:31 PM

I feel your pain- I'll stop complaining until you get yours
Old 06-15-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: What price did you pay for HOH 2?

Yes I definitely order enough things from amazon that its well worth it. I order a majority of my books, cd's and dvd's through amazon. I get at least 1 package a week for all of the new release cd's and movies that I want. I'm too impatient to wait for the free shipping and by the time I would pay for even the 3-5 day shipping I would be well over the 79 bucks I pay for free 2 day shipping all year.

Plus I can have them ship my orders as they come available and not have to worry about grouping them together to save on shipping. Makes it nice and easy when you're preordering stuff.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:48 PM

Walmart.com

---Leavenfish
Old 06-16-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel your pain- I'll stop complaining until you get yours

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let me stop ya man. It's frustrating as hell. I get up every day and check the mail, hoping they sent it early and just didn't update my account info(I love getting packages in the mail). Then I check my account to see if it's shipped yet. Then I check this thread to see if anyone else is having the same problems.

It reminds me a little of when SSII was coming out and amazon just kept knocking back my delivery date every week(sorry to compare this book to SS2).

I finally shot them an email today to complain and try to figure out what's going on. I ordered 2 dvds w/ it, but I have no reason to believe that they are what's slowing the order down.

I guess I should just cancel the order, but it would really suck to wait this long for no reason. Stupid psych thing I guess.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:05 AM

Mine shipped in 24 hours, I have found that if one book is holding things up and seems to be in stock its worth cancelling the order and redoing it, just did that cos one of mine was not going to be in stock till early july when I cancelled it the others did not update, cancelled the whole order redid it and is will ship tomorrow now.

I suspect that the delivery date gets set on ordering and possibly isnt triggered for delivery even if it comes in earlier. Its on an Oracle system (or used to be) so anything is possible.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:26 AM

Only problem is, when the price goes up 50% in the meantime. Cancelling doesn't make as much sense then.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:31 AM

I don't like to cancel orders once I've made them- if I asked them to do it and they live (generally) up to their end of the bargain, it's a point of honor to honor my original request.

I think Amazon needs to have all of their parts communicate better, or override the auto messages from the server. I received an email late last night, saying they had the Yao book on hand and would ship separately for free. Then I got an email early this morning, saying there were delays (and the account said both books were estimated for shipping next week)

Now I just received an email that King Yao's book shipped out and HOH2 is on hold.... well, hopefully I'll have something to read next week
Old 06-16-2005, 11:35 AM

Default HOH2 is out of stock there

and no free shipping.