Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2002, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Gambling with the jank

My postflop play was certainly open for debate but many posters here don't see past the fact that A2o is a Group X hand and don't discuss it further (with some exceptions).
Old 12-31-2002, 09:43 AM

My ending thoughts are this: I don't care if this person has been playing two random cards all night. If I'm going to protect a $4 blind with an additional $12, I want to have something that, in my mind, is more than two random cards.

Are you planning on calling him down the whole way regardless of the flop? If you are (since his betting must be considered meaningless as he plays recklessly) then knock yourself out. I would just as soon wait until I get a pocket pair, suited connectors, a suited ace, or something that I can feel confident with if I hit the right flop. I cannot really envision many flops that are going to leave you feeling confident.

8h9h, for instance, is a hand that I would rather have than A 2 off. At lease there are some flops that you could play aggressively. A 2 is completely useless to me, as I don't play any hands with a 2 in them.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:11 PM

I would like to offer you some constructive criticism: you are a bad player! You should learn that Ax is better heads-up than 98s. You should go on to learn why Ax is better heads-up than 98s. Until then, you will remain a very bad player!
Old 12-31-2002, 05:19 PM

"If I'm going to protect a $4 blind with an additional $12, I want to have something that, in my mind, is more than two random cards."

You throw in $16. I'll throw in $12. Give me A2o. You deal yourself two random cards.

Let's see who comes out ahead in the long run, ok? If your plan when playing heads up trying to hit flops, you're going to lose. Plain and simple. So yes, in your case, this would be a good fold.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:24 PM

You and your filthy ass is personally offering a wide range of feedback which would subtract from any player's game. I should simply should post a "Secrets of Poker" about your ass and some A2o.

Please refer to the "Secrets of Poker #8" link below to understand this game and why A2o is a legetimate raising hand:
http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/sho...rue#Post186445
Old 12-31-2002, 05:27 PM

I have worked my "soup-can" stake up a little bit. I will playy you any game you can afford, weakie.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:35 PM

Listen, I have played over 1 million hands in this lifetime. Would I say 10 million hands? No, not 10 million. And in all of those hands I have never read a post as infuriation as yours.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:41 AM

I don't think you are taking into account the type of player that you are playing against. Obviously, in a normal situation, Ace anything is better than 9 high. However, if I'm up against some maniac player who plays any bs hand, I would rather have a hand that could make a nut hand: suited connectors, A x suited, pocket pairs, etc. I would prefer to wait for a situation where I had a better hand.

The fact that I don't see this the same as you does not make you a genius and me a bad player. I play far less hands than the average person at the table but because I pick my spots more carefully I have been able to be a modest winner in an arena where most people say they are winning players but are not.

I'm not sure which category you fall into.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:43 AM

If I knew your address I'd send you a dollar so you could buy a clue.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:46 AM

"And in all those posts I have never read a post as infuration as yours"

You write english really good

(note sarcasm)