Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2002, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Gambling with the jank

I failed to recall the fact that the killer has raised in this spot every single time. This changes the decision process. My apologies.

PokerPrince
Old 12-30-2002, 09:59 AM

the fact that the killer has raised from here every time does not change the fact that you have a crap hand. Fold here, give up the four bucks, and wait for a solid hand to take him out.

Aside from flopping trips or two pair, what flops are you going to feel comfortable with? Even the biggest fish out there can have an ace in their hands once in a while.

This guy is apparently going to expose his jugular to you on many ocassions. Wait for a time where you bring more to the table than a butter knife.

Old 12-30-2002, 02:37 PM

You think he's going to be the killer and you're going to get heads up with him every other hand?

Sadly, you have to take your opportunities when they come, and they don't always come with you having the nuts and no cards to come.

I'm going to feel comfortable with almost any flop, since I think ace high is good and has a reasonable chance to stay good throughout. You should read some of Dynasty's old posts about the power of ace high heads up.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:51 PM

Anyone can fall into a hand at any time. If this was the regular game (not a kill) and you only had to put $4 more into the pot, then maybe you'd call but why put yourself out another $12 when you only have $4 invested?

This clown is obviously going to give his money away at the table. why not wait until a spot when you have a hand?
Old 12-30-2002, 03:33 PM

The preflop call is bad, but since you decided that he was only protecting his blind, then I would have raised on the turn. You had the A and the flush draw. If not the turn, then on the river. Since yur whole reason for being in this hand is your assumption he has no cards, you need to bet you decent post flop hand.
Old 12-30-2002, 06:31 PM

"If this was the regular game (not a kill) and you only had to put $4 more into the pot, then maybe you'd call but why put yourself out another $12 when you only have $4 invested?"

You aren't even reading what I'm saying. I would under no circumstances call a regular $4 raise with this hand. I am playing the hand because I judge the preflop raiser's hand to be simply two random cards, rather than a regular raising strength hand.

Why don't I wait for a spot when I have a hand? I do have a hand. I have ace high. Perhaps you could elaborate exactly what hand you are waiting for?
Old 12-30-2002, 06:33 PM

"Since your whole reason for being in this hand is your assumption he has no cards, you need to bet your decent post flop hand."

To what end do I "need" to bet my hand? To force him to fold a hand with few to no outs, when he may bet/bluff the river as well?
Old 12-30-2002, 07:05 PM

You sound very hostile Mr. Ottosen. I could have you pegged wrong, but the tone of your replies make you sound quite infuriated with the other posters. Keep in mind that 1) this is just poker, and 2) others may be less experienced than you.

-- Homer
Old 12-30-2002, 07:48 PM

It's not meant that way. I just write abruptly sometimes.

"My English is, how you say...inelegant."
Old 12-30-2002, 10:47 PM

If you can't take constructive critisism then don't post. Others are giving you a wide range of feedback that may help you to see things in a different light or add something to your game. Why would you post this hand if you think you played it so flawlessly? Personally I think you played it horribly.

PokerPrince