Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2004, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Best place for .10/.20

One other thing about Pacific is the time it takes to clear any bonus you get.
Pacific requires you to bet 20 times the bonus amount in order to clear it. So for a $25 bonus you need to bet $500 which takes a long time at the lower limits unless you play a lot. Also you only have 90 days to do it in.
The good side, and what attracted me there as a newbie player, is that you can play with their money instead of yours.
I deposited $100, got my $25 and a couple of days later pulled out my original $100 so I'm learning with zero money risk. If I don't clear in time then the money will disappear but I will have had 90 days of experience for free.
When I signed up I was under the impression that any money you won while playing on an uncleared bonus could not be withdrawn until you cleared the bonus. Someone on the beginners forum said that was not true and they were correct so I was able to take out some of my winnings.
I was not going to be able to clear my bonus in time at .10/.20 given the number of hours I'm able to play so I jumped up to .25/.50. Probably not a great idea given my lack of experience and to small bankroll but I figured if I didn't the money was gone anyway.
I took some hard hits initially but with the help of the folks on 2+2 and reading I have now brought my bankroll into the positive side again.
I have signed up at Paradise so I can get hand histories for PT and plan to divide my time between the two sites until I feel I can begin to multitable and then I will play one table at each site.
Sorry this is so long but I thought perhaps my experience, all 6 weeks of it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], at Pacific might help.
Best of luck.

Luckydog