Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Interesting Hand

Based on your first call, it's an easy second call. What are you getting, 4 to 1? Funny thing with the flop you're almost a favorite.

Bruce
Old 12-01-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand from the Bellagio 2k tournament

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should push immediately.

If you think your range is good against UTG, then you don't want anyone else coming in.

There are no circumstances where you will fold to a reraise so get the maximum amount of FE.

On the margin you are only going to fold out (maybe) AQ,TT,AK and hands like that.

I wouldn't even consider folding with your read and an undistinguised stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same at first (jamming to increase FE), but I'm not sure about that now. If he did decide to call (and I wouldn't, for what it's worth), he can still fold against a big stack push. The LP in this matter is pushing/calling a pretty narrow range as it is, regardless of sirio's actions and sirio has to call him pretty much everytime.

So, he might get a big stack to fold AQ, but I think in the long run, he'll save more money from being able to fold to a big stack push, while the small-medium size stacks aren't really effected from his actions.

On a side note, I havn't slept in a very long time and i'm not sure I was able to express myself here, so I apologize in advance if this whole post didn't make any sense. It did in my head, at least [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Interesting Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Based on your first call, it's an easy second call. What are you getting, 4 to 1? Funny thing with the flop you're almost a favorite.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

with an all spade flop, he is the favorite.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The guy who went all in had to have QQ+ , no way he has AK, if he has AK he would've just called

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear why you think this.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i had AK there, i would turbo-push. in fact, i think that i would not call with any hands there.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After some calculations, I decided to make the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have a hard time doing this on 2+2, with pokerstove and plenty of time. want to give a rough idea what you did at the time?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:47 PM

I wouldn't call because it not only let's hands like AK, AQ, TT-JJ stay in, but it gives another bigger stack the opportunity to try to bluff you if he thinks you're weak. I would probably fold here because of the people left to act behind me, but if I were going to play, I would repush so everyone knew I was committed.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:51 PM

For what it's worth, AJ has a 24% chance of running into JJ-AA or AQ, AK with 8 players left to act.

If you were a bit more short-stacked, I would push this. In this spot with your stack, I would probably fold.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy who went all in had to have QQ+ , no way he has AK, if he has AK he would've just called.

[/ QUOTE ] Really? He has a stack of 5800, and he's going to just call a 2500 bet with AK? What have you been smoking, and can I have a puff?
Old 12-01-2005, 03:59 PM

I don't like your UTG+1 call, maybe from LP, but not your position. Calling 3.3K after you already put in 2.5K is correct given the pot size. I think what got you in trouble is the initial call from early position. This is just my opinion.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:17 PM

I think its a bad idea to put 1/4 of your stack in with a marginal hand with the idea of folding to subsequent action.

Here are my crude combat ready calculations:

There are 40 hands you are afraid of: (ak,aq,aa-jj) (12,12,18) probably less if you credit UTG for 1/2 an ace or so.

time 8 players left to act = 320 hands/1300 hands ~ 25% of the time you are called and dominated.

If you can fold out AQ then you are called and dominated only 30X8=240/1300 ~18% of the time.