Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 01:17 PM

Default to soon to checkraise?

live 3/6. The game is a typical low limit game ( a lot of limping not a lot of raising) and veryone seems to be playing straight forward.

I limp with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and thrre other players call, sb folds and bb checks.

flop:
J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bb checks, I check mp player bets one guy folds another calls bb calls and i raise, Everyone else calls.

Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bb checks i bet they all call.

river: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I bet and they all call.

After the hand took place i started to think that sometimes it would be better to call the flop and checkraise the turn. The reason i say this is because if the turn comes a blank and i check someone behind me will likley bet and i will be claling with the draw. If i call the flop and make my flush i can then check raise and instead of getting one more sb from everyone i get one bb.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: to soon to checkraise?

Leading the flop is the best option
Old 09-17-2005, 01:37 PM

against 3 other players, your pot equity edge is large. so for every bet and raise put into the pot, you show a profit in the long run. so the flop c/r is for value.

that being said there are still two more ppl to act after you, and if you miss on the turn (and check) they will likely bet because you showed weakness. but if you are in last position your raise probably bought you a free card.

i these situations i like to wait until the turn to raise. if i hit my flush then i c/r the turn (if im sure MP will bet again) and if i miss c/c.

so OOP i wait to raise and see if i hit. in last position i tend to bet/raise the flop.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:02 PM

I like it. Leading is fine to. You have a lot of equity.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:10 PM

perfect, you played this just fine
Old 09-17-2005, 02:39 PM

I like it. The flush is scary to everyone and you might not get a checkraise in on the turn. Plus, the way you played, your non-thinking opponents will not put you on a flush draw, and will raise the turn with inferior flushes, maybe even with two pair.