Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 05:37 PM

Default not terribly exciting, but would like your reads and judgment

hey guys, i don't know how to simulate the table with hero and all that, but i'll give you the basic relevant info. it's a NL 50 game on partypoker, 10 handed. I'm in early position and I have A 10 offsuit. I know a call is stupid and folding is kinda stupid too, so i just figured what the hell and raised 3x to 1.50. a player in middle position calls (he's the bigstack at the table) and another person from early position who called also calls the raise. flop is 10 7 4 all diff suits. ep guy checks, i bet 4 into a 5 pot, feeling kinda good but also tense, because thats just me. the mid position bigstack pauses, and then raises to 10. the ep guy quickly folds, and now i start thinking. basically i'm kicking myself in the foot for playing this hand, cause i subconsciously know i'm going to fold. anyways i try to think of what you can call with in midpositon. i figured he had like AJ or AQ or like a low pocket pair. so hence, queens and above doesn't make sense. jacks is pretty doubtful to me. so my read is pocket 7's although its weird to not kinda suck money out of it. so i'm unsure and also feel like he might be bluffing. and plus i can't really reraise cause that's just wild dogshit. calling is retarded because too much volatility (J Q K) and calling in the dark essentially. so i delay 10 more secs and fold. feeling that it's correct, but not really sure i guess... i mean now i think what do i expect to do with an AT ?? ten high flop is about as good as it gets but maybe i'm being too weak? i know it's not a big pot and not really a big deal, but i would like some better players' reads and opinions on this not only for this hand but in the long run as well to help my barely average teenage game. thanks ppl

-saurabh
Old 07-25-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: not terribly exciting, but would like your reads and judgment

Really you played it fine without a good read. Which is why ATo should be mucked in EP of a full ring game.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: not terribly exciting, but would like your reads and judgment

sorry, dude...i couldn't read that. try some whitespace and using the instant graemlins below the post entry box.