Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Very Passive w/ KK (Party 30)

Button is a little on the laggy side (25/16/1.7) plays decent postflop and can read hands pretty well.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

What do you think?
Old 07-02-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Very Passive w/ KK (Party 30)

um.. bet?
Old 07-02-2005, 02:41 AM

Fine until the river...bet the river.

If he had bet the turn and bet the river and diamonds hadn't have came I wouldn't have called the river bet. You're ahead of next to 0 capping hands he's betting. I don't think enough players get frisky enough with 99/AQs or less to warrent a calldown.

/edit [censored] I thought he bet the flop and checked the turn...ahh i suck at reading hand posts.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:48 AM

I think bet turn, bet river regardless of diamond as long as board doesn't get ugly.

I can't see how TT, JJ, QQ would check that flop there, even AK would bet. On top of that this person is a LAG, he would've bet AQ on the flop.

No way I'm checking the Turn, there's not many hands I can be behind too. Even if I am, I have huge numbers of outs.

AQ and if he was LAG would call turn and river with AQ I think.

Let's not forget this is PP 30-60.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think bet turn, bet river regardless of diamond as long as board doesn't get ugly.

I can't see how TT, JJ, QQ would check that flop there, even AK would bet. On top of that this person is a LAG, he would've bet AQ on the flop.

No way I'm checking the Turn, there's not many hands I can be behind too. Even if I am, I have huge numbers of outs.

AQ and if he was LAG would call turn and river with AQ I think.

Let's not forget this is PP 30-60.

[/ QUOTE ]

The LAG did bet the flop.

PairTheBoard
Old 07-02-2005, 03:24 AM

my mistake, bet river though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2005, 03:43 AM

You put him on something like 99's or maybe a smaller pocket pair? What's his Turn check mean? Maybe he figures he's beat bad and hopes for a cheap showdown? Maybe he's got a small diamond and hopes to get bailed out if you are diamondless? If he's got the small diamond is he more likely to call your bet than bet your nut hand for you? Yes but maybe not by much. If he doesn't have the small diamond he's certainly more likely to bluff without it than call your bet.

I'm guessing that without the small diamond he will often not bluff because he will hope a cheap showdown shows you to have a smaller pocket pair. And he will almost always call with a small diamond but will also bet it for you fairly often but not call a raise. So my answer is, I don't know. Too close to call.

When in doubt holding the nuts, bet it. I'd probably bet it.

PairTheBoard
Old 07-02-2005, 06:50 AM

i think you really gotta bet the river. i dont' see him betting very much of anything on this river but may call a bet.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:15 AM

i think it was played fine --

being a lag player he would bet with a lot more hands on the river then he would call with -

cheers
Old 07-02-2005, 10:09 AM

Hi Ike. I think you are real good but I can't see any reason to check the river here. I am waiting for your thoughts because this one seems easy. You have the nuts. It is the last street. What am I missing?