Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Stealing with AK...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Only my second orbit at the table, so no reads.

Preflop: chesspain is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, chesspain calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, chesspain folds...

Standard?
Old 06-21-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Stealing with AK...

Given the SB I think this is fine. I think this might have been really interesting had a A or K hit the turn but as is its dull, and I play it the same.

If the SB wasn't a factor I might be inclined to call down. I'd be more inclined if I knew something about the BB, of course.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:43 PM

I like the PF cap with the SB in there. Either you're knocking SB out or getting extra value from his call.

I'm not even thinking twice about checking behind on the flop.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:52 PM

Default The rest of the hand...

Coming off of a -100BB two-day period, so sorry if this hand was super standard. The full hand is as follows:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: chesspain is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, chesspain calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, chesspain folds, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results:

<font color="white">SB had As 5s
BB had Ks Qs </font>
Old 06-21-2005, 03:54 PM

Perfect.

Preflop is beyond standard. Flop I see as a must bet since you'll be betting the best hand pretty often. Calling the check/raise seems just fine given the pot and that you're outs are likely good. Folding the turn looks good considering that SB is hanging around here with something and you're very likely behind BB.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: The rest of the hand...

Ouch. Oh well. It's a rarity that they'll both be on the spade draw.

Does anyone think BB should bet the river here?
Old 06-21-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: The rest of the hand...

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think BB should bet the river here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely, 1BB for an 11BB pot. The SB doesn't have to fold his hand very often for this to be profitable. Considering he has limped along the whole time it's not unreasonable to put him on a draw (if he's a weak player).