Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Pocket sevens with an unpadded saddle...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

MP1 and SB are both calling stations. MP3 is a LAG. CO is sLA-A.

Preflop: chesspain is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, chesspain calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, chesspain calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, MP1 calls, chesspain calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, MP1 calls, chesspain calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, MP1 calls.

River: (17 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, MP3 folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB
Old 06-04-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Pocket sevens with an unpadded saddle...

I think between MP3 and CO, someone's betting this turn behind you, so it's safe to go for a check-raise here. It will announce your hand, but the chances of bet/3-betting are slim, since betting into the two flop aggressors on the straight card announces your hand just as much. I'd try to get at least 2BBs in on this street.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Pocket sevens with an unpadded saddle...

Ordinarily, MP3's flop call/3-bet would have me thinking flopped flush, set, or flush draw (perhaps with an overpair), in approximately that order, but since he's a LAG, who knows? Actually, if it weren't for his LAGgy tendencies, I wouldn't think about a set so much (though I wouldn't rule it out), because of the preflop raise.

It does start looking like a draw when he slows down on the turn.

If the board has to pair on the river, I'd prefer the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. But there's a good chance the LAG would have raised a set on the turn despite the four-straight three-flush board.

On the river, would he bet a missed flush draw, if checked to? I don't know. Maybe he'd rather show down his overpair, if that's what he has.

The river's the street I'm not sure about, but I think I like the bet, and basically the hand looks fine to me.