Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: HS softball coach suspended for winning 55-0

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else chuckle at this? If thats their best team in 9 years well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if they had been up against last years team they would have lost like 63-0
Old 04-28-2005, 09:17 PM

How do you give up 55 runs in 2 innings? I think my little league team could play the yankees and not give up 55 runs in 2 innings. They should have to play out the whole game so they have to live with the embarassment of being the worst team at anything, ever.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you give up 55 runs in 2 innings?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was totally wondering this myself. the opposing coach said he went to the umpire and said "just end it.."

after a team pushes FIFTY FIVE people across the plate, that seriously has to be pushing about 2+ hours for the two innings including all the other warmup time and whatnot, pitching changes, etc. if he didn't tell the umpire to end the game, it probably would have been called for darkness eventually (depending on what time of day it started, I suppose)
Old 04-28-2005, 09:24 PM

Seriously, how bad do you have to be to get behind 55-0 in the 2nd inning? Even in A or B level slow-pitch softball people don't score 55 after 2.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you give up 55 runs in 2 innings? I think my little league team could play the yankees and not give up 55 runs in 2 innings. They should have to play out the whole game so they have to live with the embarassment of being the worst team at anything, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. BTW, your little league team might even beat the Yankess. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I wish we had a bit more context to go on here. If the league doesn't like this, change the rule to 10 runs after 5 innings or 20 runs @ any time...(or whatever)

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I like this idea. They need to add an additional mercy rule like you're saying about 20 or more runs earlier in the ball game..

the opposing coach, unless I'm misinterpreting, said it was *his* best team in a long time and they still got blown out, so he doesn't want them getting discouraged - that's ridiculous

It's competition; if they get blown out, oh well, it happens. suck it up, there's no crying in softball, and try to catch the ball a bit better next time. or stop serving up meatballs for the other girls to jack out of the park.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you understand the motivation behind amateur sports??? This is an ignorant attitude.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, how bad do you have to be to get behind 55-0 in the 2nd inning? Even in A or B level slow-pitch softball people don't score 55 after 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you'd think after like 30 batters in one innning they're get at least like 1 strike out and 1 tag out and one just straight pop up.

If me and my friends were in the field against a MLB team and we had a somewhat decent pitcher we could hold them to 54 runs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do you give up 55 runs in 2 innings?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was totally wondering this myself. the opposing coach said he went to the umpire and said "just end it.."

after a team pushes FIFTY FIVE people across the plate, that seriously has to be pushing about 2+ hours for the two innings including all the other warmup time and whatnot, pitching changes, etc. if he didn't tell the umpire to end the game, it probably would have been called for darkness eventually (depending on what time of day it started, I suppose)

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at you, you're all over this thread spouting this eurotrash.

Wonder what Herm Edwards response would be to this?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you understand the motivation behind amateur sports??? This is an ignorant attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would expect that you're going to run a big "sportsmanship" talk on me now.

I was hoping we could avoid an argument over that, but honestly man, what would you have the winning coach do?

granted, I exaggerated my opinion and it seems overly cold, but such is teh nature of OOT. I just think his suspension over this is uncalled for