Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Pokerroom - $10,000 ADDED TONIGHT

Cheap buy in - $2 +0

But it's capped at 2,000 and they are adding $10,000 to the prize pool.

Nice overlay!

It's gonna be fun if nothing else!
Old 03-16-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom - $10,000 ADDED TONIGHT

Hi all,

Two quick questions,

1. I don't know much about tournaments, but adding $10K to a tournament with a max pot of $4k seems like an insanely good deal, no?

2. Any thoughts on Pokerroom overall? I imagine the play in this tournament will be pretty crazy, but how is it in general?

3. Have you downloaded the software, or do you play the web version? How do they compare?

Thanks in advance,

Sam
Old 03-16-2005, 03:30 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

That was 3 questions.

1) That seems too good to be true to me as well. They might make us sign over our first born in the fine print.

2) It's pretty crazy normally. I stopped playing there because the structure is pretty silly (blinds go up every 12).

3) I have both, but used the web exclusively. I have had problems with it locking up before, which I have rarely experienced elsewhere.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

Two quick questions,

1. I don't know much about tournaments, but adding $10K to a tournament with a max pot of $4k seems like an insanely good deal, no?

2. Any thoughts on Pokerroom overall? I imagine the play in this tournament will be pretty crazy, but how is it in general?

3. Have you downloaded the software, or do you play the web version? How do they compare?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the overlay in this tournament is TREMENDOUS - like Cleveland said PokerRoom is doing more of this kinda thing lately (i.e. a Valentine's Day tournament with unlimited $5 rebuys and something like $30,000 added to the prize pool and a "most knockouts" pool).

PokerRoom play, generally speaking, is - well - terrible. This tournament will be crazy, but generally speaking even in the $50+4 tourneys the play is mediocre at best. Love the software though! PokerRoom has a sort of "cult-following" if that means anything to you.

I've played PokerRoom on a Mac and on PC - both download and Java. Java has a statistics option that might make it better - but I prefer the Java. No real reason - just my personal preference.

Hope that answered your questions,
wanna

p.s. I thought the tournament was on Saturday - Cleveland, I'll probably be playing too....hope to see you there.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:44 PM

200 Tables - and my luck is I'll be sitting right next to you.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:47 PM

haha just make sure you're on my left!
Old 03-16-2005, 05:00 PM

Will Do - but be careful, my wife is just learning how to play, and shewill be trading off with me, so I can't comment on how tradtional all the plays will be.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:27 PM

I think pokerroom is by FAR the easiest MTTs out there. I dont even think its very close. Your first two or three tournaments, you will find yourself thinking "oh well, Im beat..he must have a set....holy sh!t! He just called off all of his chips with a K4."

General Comments:

*Wierd sense of community. Many of the players join 'pokah' groups, and have nicknames for each other. Don't ask me what a 'pokah' group is, I dont know. I dont care, I just want their money.

*No antes in MTTs, which leads to a TON of stalling around the bubble. Ridiculous and short sighted, but a tremendous profit opportunity for you.

* Slow software, but some good features: They update the size of the pot as betting is done, so you always have an easy reference. Color coded flags for player notes. GREAT shortcut keys. I sometimes play there, just to get away from my mouse.

Overall the site kinda gives you the vibe of a freind of a freind's home game, where most of the players really suck, but dont know it b/c they only play against each other.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:27 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

What time?
Old 03-16-2005, 03:31 PM

7:30 EST, sign-up starts at 6:00 I think.

Just gotta hope I can get two bucks in an account by then.

Sam