Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Reraise all-in w/99?

Home game with .25/.50 blinds, $40 max buy-in. FWIW, I never play NL cash games except for the occasional times I play in this home game. For most of the evening, we had been playing two tables with five players each, but we just consolidated after getting down to eight players with thirty minutes remaining on the night. Three of the four guys who joined us from the other table are unknown to me. A few hands earlier, I pissed away $40 out my $60 stack by way overplaying an unimproved AT vs. one of the unknowns, who called a raise PF with KQo and flopped a queen.

The hand in question is as follows.

LAGgy host in UTG limps, folded to unknown MP who limps, folded to unknown CO who raises to $3, folded to me in the SB w/99. The BB is a rock. Everyone who is in the pot has me covered. I'm fairly certain that the host will call for $2.50 more, although he will likely fold if I make a significant reraise. From what little I've seen of the MP, I have no reason to think that he'll call a significant reraise, and he may even fold for $2.50 more.

I reraise all-in...
Old 07-15-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Reraise all-in w/99?

Sounds to me like you were tilting.

I'd call and play for set value. If you think he has overcards and the flop comes low, you could call the flop and lead the turn. I'd be more likely to just play for set value though, he's making a 6x BB raise after limpers and that is likely a strong hand unless he's bad.

Ryan