Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Totally Bonkers

Main Pink Game at the Trop this past Saturday around 3pm.

Reads:
Most players are typical loose passive, some occasional donk betting, but most players toss the trash and just call with the nuts.

There is one exception though, we'll call him, Smiley Middle Aged Asian (SMAA). He's been on a rush and is loosening up his play pre-flop, but from what I could tell, still solid post-flop. Although his rush has allowed him to win many recent pots uncontested. SMAA is a regular and having a great day.

Comment on all streets.

Pre-flop,
SMAA limps, Button Raises all In, SB 3-bets, I cap in the BB with black queens, SMAA calls 3 cold (unusual for him), SB calls and says, "I'm happy you did that". Whatever.

Flop:

6 7 J (Rainbow)
SB checks, I check, SMAA bets, SB calls, I raise, SMAA 3 bets, SB folds, I.....

(thought process)
From my previous read and his 3-bet, I put SMAA on a made hand, but what kinda of hand is hard to say because of his recent run of no show-downs. Anything from 99,1010, AJ, QQ, KK, or AA is a possibility for me. Given that, instinctually, I still think I'm ahead more often than not.
I call his 3-bet planning to c/r him on the turn.

Turn:
4 (still a rainbow)
I check, MPAA bets, I raise, he thinks for a minute (pretty rare) and just calls.

(Thought Process)
Aw man, what's going on? If he had an overpair, he'd 3 bet me, if he had a middle pair, he'd probably fold to the raise. Is he planning to raise with the river with his overpair or does he have QQ also and is in call down mode? In short, going into the river, I think I am WA/WB.

River:

I bet, he raises, I...

(Thought Process)

Jesus Christ! Guess I was way behind, the 3 certaintly couldn't have helped his hand.

I call.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Totally Bonkers

He's got 65 who cares.