Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 12:34 PM

Default A challenge to xtians

Let's say that god would want the rational as well as the irrational to believe in him. Along with God's message in the bible wouldn't God be smart enough to put in facts into the bible that the only entity at the time of writing that would know would be God. In order for me to take the God of the bible seriously, I would want to see at least one fact for each miracle performed in the bible. 1 rational miracle for 1 irrational mircale. Seems only fair that a fair and just God would give rational people as much evidence as he gives irrational ones.

I will start off with the one I found. Sometime shortly after Adam ate the apple, God told man that he would no longer live forever, but instead would only be able to live to a max of 120 years. The number of times a cell can split limits human life to about 120 yrs. Ok so we have virgin birth covered.

Good luck.

Please do not bring up prophecies. But actual cold hard facts.

Atheists, is this a good challenge, or am i missing something?

edit: I'm a horrible speller, writer, and so on..
Old 09-27-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: A challenge to xtians

Although a Christian I don't necessarily buy this but here's a link to the Bible Code which if true covers all the "irrational" miracles with future predictions and leaves plenty to spare. The history channel has also produced a 2 part program on this.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although a Christian I don't necessarily buy this but here's a link to the Bible Code which if true covers all the "irrational" miracles with future predictions and leaves plenty to spare. The history channel has also produced a 2 part program on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q. Given 4 points, how many curves can you draw through these points?

A. An infinite number.

Corollary:

Q. Given a number of events, how many coded "hints" to these events can you generate using 1000 pages of text?

A. A whole lot.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:35 PM

I wasn't defending the so-called Bible Code and state that I don't necessarily believe in it, i.e. that it just isn't the result of randomness. I just posted it facetiously and to pre-empt those who do believe in it. In fact I think it is bunk and that it says something theologically and scientifically about those who do believe in it, especially those who are Jewish.