Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Hand reviews

My luck has been awful while trying to clear Paradise bonus. I got way more than my share of good starting hands yesterday but results werent good. Just looking for a sanity check on my play.

Thanks

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds.

River: (7.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

+++++

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

++++++

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
lucky"MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">"ak"MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
Old 02-09-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Hand reviews

Looks fine to me... I would have raise the turn on the 2nd hand.

[ QUOTE ]
My luck has been awful

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all luck anyway... there is no skill required to play this game [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2005, 11:29 AM

agreee w/ pete. raise turn in hand 2.

in hand 3 i'm 3 betting the flop. then if capped and led i think i'll call down if cards are the same. . . .
Old 02-09-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
agreee w/ pete. raise turn in hand 2.

in hand 3 i'm 3 betting the flop. then if capped and led i think i'll call down if cards are the same. . . .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-09-2005, 11:33 AM

I have been running bad, so I kinda expect to lose. Probably why I didn't raise turn in hand 2. I didn't have any reads on the players for these hands.

I'll post results later.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:49 AM

Hand 1:
Nice!

Hand 2:
I think you played it great!
Raising this turn would be bad IMO. UTG capping preflop makes me wanna put him on AA(6) KK(1) QQ(6) JJ(3) AK(12). Of these hands your turn raise is only good against the Q's. You'll lose to 9 of these holdings (the A's and J's) and win only against 6 (the Q's). To raise you'll have to be a 66% favorite and you're only a 40% favorite. A turn raise would be bad (unless you have a read on him as a LAG). I don't think he's holding AK since he 3-betted the flop, but if he is you wouldn't wanna raise him since you want him to keep on bluffing. Just call down like you did, but bet if checked to you. I don't like capping the flop since that will give him a reason to throw away AK and maybe make him check/raise the turn with AA/JJ.

Hand 3:
Like it! Don't cap the turn.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in hand 3 i'm 3 betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the 3-bet on the flop here, because I feel you are way ahead. Raise the turn get more BBs.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2. Raising this turn would be bad IMO. UTG capping preflop makes me wanna put him on AA(6) KK(1) QQ(6) JJ(3) AK(12). Of these hands your turn raise is only good against the Q's. You'll lose to 9 of these holdings (the A's and J's) and win only against 6 (the Q's). To raise you'll have to be a 66% favorite and you're only a 40% favorite. A turn raise would be bad (unless you have a read on him as a LAG). I don't think he's holding AK since he 3-betted the flop, but if he is you wouldn't wanna raise him since you want him to keep on bluffing. Just call down like you did, but bet if checked to you. I don't like capping the flop since that will give him a reason to throw away AK and maybe make him check/raise the turn with AA/JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm not following.

Would UTG cap w/ JJ? I don't think so. Most players from EP won't. And the 3-bet on the flop most likely eliminates JJ as well.

I agree that he would probably not have AK, but I've seen that before from AK quite a few times.

Again, this really depends on UTG and again there is no read.

Regardless... I don't think you are just a 40% favorite. I think it's 50%, so maybe you're right, 3-betting may not be +EV enough to raise here.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless... I don't think you are just a 40% favorite. I think it's 50%, so maybe you're right, 3-betting may not be +EV enough to raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then again... when in doubt... raise.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would UTG cap w/ JJ? I don't think so. Most players from EP won't.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would cap JJ against 2 players from UTG (not saying it's correct).

[ QUOTE ]
And the 3-bet on the flop most likely eliminates JJ as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes sense, but I would not eliminate JJ because of the flop 3-bet.

On the other hand you could eliminate JJ from my calculation and still not be ahead more than 50%. i'll call down.