Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 03:08 PM

Default critique of my play here requested

Hi All - I am never comfortably with my play in situations like this, and welcome feedback. Villain is plain vanilla, VP 28, AF 1.2. Haven't seen anything fancy.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-05-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: critique of my play here requested

Hi Abutilon unless the table was very loose and passive i would probably fold or raise this pre flop most likely fold. I doubt your good often enough to make this river call profitably unless this guy is tricky or a retard. I like hands like QTs but i much rather play them from a late position. Your flop and turn bets are good.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:16 PM

I don't like your PF limp. If you can't raise it from here just fold it.

I'd just call the river.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:08 PM

The pre-flop call is "by-the-book" (SSHE). You are hoping that at least four others see the flop and you got three so no so bad. The flop is scary but you have to bet it hoping that you get multiple callers chasing a fourth diamond (that never comes). Sure someone could have the flush already and you will lose anyways, but, you are good about half the time here against three and you have 4 outs to a monster. The J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] takes back some of the equity you gained with MP2's fold but you are still in pretty good shape. The A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river absolutely sucks big time but at 6.5:1 I think it is okay to call. There are enough other hands that a VP$ 28 could be playing that could have missed the river (though not many) and (having missed) he could be taking a stab at the pot with the bet at the end.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:13 PM

Pf: Im ok with the limp, fold isn't too bad either though.
Flop: same
Turn: same
River: I probably call, but it's pretty marginal.