Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 08:47 PM

Default QQ- Do I bet the turn???

SB= 47/15/1.1

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero ???

Do I put SB on a flush draw, who raised the flop to pump a pot? What is your general mindset when a situation like this arises?
Old 07-31-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: QQ- Do I bet the turn???

This board is too drawy to give a free card. If he check raises again I think it would be easy to let this go.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:11 PM

If he were a good player (which obviously he's not) the check-raise looks more like trying to protect a made hand than a flush draw. UTG looks more like he may be drawing.

I would bet the turn. Without reads though, I think it's tough to want to call if he c/r's again.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:13 PM

I'm generally thinking about betting the turn to prevent a free card and putting no more money in if I don't spike a Q
Old 07-31-2005, 09:17 PM

bet the turn. SB has a weak pair, and UTG is on a flush draw or a pair of aces, but you cant give complete credit to aces just yet.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:39 PM

Like others said, bet the turn. Its easy to give up if you're raised again (especially if UTG cold calls again), you can't give a free card, and you can usually check behind on the river. Even if UTG has an A, if he doesn't wake up on the turn then he's planning to c/c the river, so you get an easy showdown.