Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Party Poker November VIP Payments

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

A December offer should be out shortly, and the offer will take into account the fact it is the 9th and there is less time to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

which is good to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]
That just means a lower bonus, like in december we (most people anyway) will only earn points for half the month or so! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 02:47 PM

I have not received my Nov. Payment yet. When i first emailed them I was told that I would get this Dec 5th.
Then when people were reporting that they received theirs I gave them another day or so before emailing them again.
2 emails later they said that they would put the money in my account on Dec 8th. But they failed to discuss my other question about a December VIP offer (or if I could just work under my November one again for Dec.).
So I emailed them again after I did not get my payment on the 8th and this is the email that I received.

Dear Duane,

Thank you for contacting the Customer Care Team.

We cannot apologize enough for the delays you are experiencing with receiving your VIP bonus. Please rest assured we have escalated the matter to the correct people who are currently working to get the matter corrected. Please note your offer for December will be given to you in the form of a pop-up or email from ourselves.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email or telephone.

Kind Regards,

Catriona Byrne
VIP Poker Customer Care

no mention of when i'll receive my payment at all this time.

at least I got a popup for the 30% to 100 bonus.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A December offer should be out shortly, and the offer will take into account the fact it is the 9th and there is less time to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's certainly good news if true. I cleared 18K raked hands last month and got paid what was expected, but haven't played much at all in Dec because I have no offer, and, as I have explained each time I speak / email with Party, although I like Party other competing sites offer much greater incentives to higher-volume players.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:56 PM

yup. this is pretty much what i tell them too.

while some of us are glad they are trying to get the december offers out one also wonders what the devil is taking them so long in the first place?

it's not like december just came all of a sudden. they knew it was coming...and they should well know that to retain their high-volume players and keep them playing mucho mucho mas they should have their December offers ready to go.

Their original plan was getting out offers at the beginning of the month...or even towards the end of the previous mth (when some members received their offers for Nov).

If it's too hard to get all those different offers together then just to a sliding schedule where the more you play the more you are rewarded.
Novel idea, yes??
This would actually encourage the smaller time players to play even more and more to achieve bigger goals...don't they want their players getting in insane amounts of hands to pursue each higher goal?

This is how Stars is going to do it. It only makes sense.

Since the weekend is coming we can only guess that the offers for December still won't be coming for the next couple of days.

There's no reason they should take until Dec 10 or later to get offers issued to everybody.

And there's really not much reason it should take them even 5 days or more to get their players paid for the previous month. You would think they have to get the money physically transported to the player via the Pony Express.

This is the 21st century and the internet age for crying out loud. Amazing things are possible (such as being able to play poker for real money in real time on a little computer from home).
But they say "sorry...please be understanding. we have a lot of players now and are just catching up. Your offer will come out as soon as possible."
If they don't have enough people at party to put this together then hire more people. It's not that freaking hard.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know a very very very little about the upcoming Stars program but I'm not supposed to talk about it. I will say that based on what I know it looks promising and makes more sense than Party's....but we'll have to wait and see the finished product to see how much value there is too it.

The big concern here is that the games already have a reputation of being a bit tougher. I haven't played ring-games there for ages so I don't know if this true any longer. I can't imagine the games are THAT bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always find good games even on a bad site. The biggest concern to me is their crappy interface and software. If they fix those problems, I'd start playing there right now, to hell with the promotions.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:21 PM

i agree with you timer.

i see people raving all of the time about stars interface, and i simply cannot stand it. and i find the lobby cumbersome to navigate through.

worst of all is needing to click 7000 times on a button to get a response, which makes multitabling a real chore. and i think the background is godawful as well.

and if you turn off the avatars, then your chip count is covered, except for in the corner of the window, which is inconvenient, as that is one of the few available places where i can put hud stats, which tends to create viewing conflicts.

and as for lower rake, while this may be true for limit, at nl, which is all that i play, their rake is no better than any other site, including those that offer rb or other incentives, and not just the infrequent 20% bonus that stars does.

i realize that they have good support, but that isnt enough to make up for the other drawbacks on this site for me.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with you timer.

i see people raving all of the time about stars interface, and i simply cannot stand it. and i find the lobby cumbersome to navigate through.

worst of all is needing to click 7000 times on a button to get a response, which makes multitabling a real chore. and i think the background is godawful as well.

and if you turn off the avatars, then your chip count is covered, except for in the corner of the window, which is inconvenient, as that is one of the few available places where i can put hud stats, which tends to create viewing conflicts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not you're the first one. I wrote another long letter to Poker Stars, but I haven't sent it yet. I've just been too busy, and seeing as how they just brused off my last letter of suggestions I don't really care all that much about playing there even though I've got a half a dozen bonuses stacked up at Stars.

The last time I played there I had to click on the take a seat (or reserved) button FIFTEEN TIMES! before anything happened. And this was not a signle isolated incident.

Yes you are also right about turning off the avitars and having your chip count covered, and there are a dozen other things.

Multi tabling is impossible there. By the time you get a button to work you're timed out in two other games. I give up.

I seriously believe that when people come on here and rave about Stars they are just shills for the site. I can't think of any other explanation.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:41 AM

I'm not sure why stars doesn't work for you.

I'm not a shill there in the least although I would love to have the incentive to play there more (VIP-club + hopefully fishy players would be nice).

I've multi-tabled there when clearing bonuses or playing in multiple tournaments there and haven't really had a problem.

I do have to click on a button more than once sometimes though and it is kind of annoying. But my problem doesn't seem to be nearly as bad a yours.

Maybe uninstall it and reinstall?? Perhaps you somehow have a corrupted version or something.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do have to click on a button more than once sometimes though and it is kind of annoying. But my problem doesn't seem to be nearly as bad a yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's just deal with your first sentence. Why should you have to click on any button more than one time? What sense does this make? If you're multi tabling, then this is a major problem. What's so hard about fixing something like this? Are you me and one other guy the only ones playing at Stars who have this problem? I find that impossible to believe.

It seems like they do a software upgrade four times a month, yet they never fix the more serious problems? What's going on in their minds over there? I'm really at a loss to understand it.

If this was my site, or if I had some sort of administrative control, and if I was a player, which I am, then things like buttons not working when you click on them would be a #1 priority.

But Stars (and many other sites) just look at all the players on their site and shrug it off. I can just hear them talking amongst themselves.

"Must not be that big of a deal. Yea I have to click the damn button a couple of times, but so what. Our numbers just keep going up, so it can't be that big of a problem. Now let's see some story boards on our next Greg Raymer commercial."
Old 12-10-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is like this because the last window where you performed some type of action is the only "active" window. When you want to act on another table you must click that window once to "activate" it and then you can perform your action. I assume this is intentional maybe to protect people from misclicking if they are multitabling with overlap. I dunno really.

I agree it is annoying and one reason it is not my favorite place to play. I would get over it pretty quickly if they had more juicy games. Also, I have trouble seeing the cards as easily as at party. There's probably card mods available but I'm not sure.