Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 04:48 AM

Default R11GGED!!!!

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I have had an idea how poker sites could convince people that they are legitimate. They could set up a series of rooms with a webcam and a real dealer, a real 52 card deck, and famous under-the-table cameras so that players could see their own cards but not each others. Would the influx of new players now feeling secure playing poker online make up for the reduced hands per hour? At least you'd always know where to go to find the superstitious fish, and no-one would ever be able to spout off about cash-out curses or WLLLLLW streaks etc. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: R11GGED!!!!

Not worth it. I hope you know that.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:06 AM

Bad news for the multi-tabling 800 hands per hour sharks (which I hope after much studying to become) certainly but any new site which wanted to stand out from the crowd and attract a new pool of more cautious unsure players could use a gimmick like this. And obviously it would be good for the fish who would lose their money more slowly.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I have had an idea how poker sites could convince people that they are legitimate. They could set up a series of rooms with a webcam and a real dealer, a real 52 card deck, and famous under-the-table cameras so that players could see their own cards but not each others. Would the influx of new players now feeling secure playing poker online make up for the reduced hands per hour? At least you'd always know where to go to find the superstitious fish, and no-one would ever be able to spout off about cash-out curses or WLLLLLW streaks etc. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a very bad idea.
You seems to be thinking that the online sites are not rigged? Of course they are rigged. How else would you explain that i have not yet lost my 200$ that i deposited onto partypoker?
Old 04-09-2005, 05:31 AM

It would be as easy to rig a game like that as it would be to rig a program. The best guarantee we have are intelligent players and hand histories.